Mozilla Firefox OS Updates

Beginning of New Android?
Who will survive in between Ubuntu and Firefox OS?

I would bet on Ubuntu OS. It is more capable. Mozilla Firefox OS is trying to do a Chrome OS and we all know what kind of reputation it has developed in the market today.

First generation devices are always going to suck. That is how things happen. You cannot have a perfect device or operating system from day one.
Android sucked till Gingerbread edition. It was only after that we started seeing good stuff happening. Mozilla Firefox OS would get their shit right faster.
Android has democratized smartphone development. Faster processors and other components are now available at pretty good prices. Hardware is ready for anything you can throw at it. Software developers have a lot of flexibility with their approach.
Also, what you saw was a first public preview. The first smartphone would probably go on sale by the end of the year. Mozilla is releasing nightlies on a daily basis I hear. It should be pretty solid when the first device is ready for 'launch'.
As always. Do not form opinion based on a test release.

dunno. from what i am hearing it seems to be using fairly high end hardware. at least the processors. how can they compete against asha on price then?
Canonical is also saying similar things about Ubuntu OS. That it would run on basic phones providing a solid user interface experience on budget devices. I mean how would it even run on budget devices? It's not that they can magically improve the performance so much? The first preview crawled on dual core processors based GN and also N4.

Back