MTNL 3G Jadoo: 3g settings for nokia 5230

• Thread starter Thread starter dock_tom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 18,296

dock_tom

ISP
mtnl
Can anyone please tell me 3 g settings for Nokia 5230 or similiar nokia phone?? the settings mentioned on mtnl doesn't work. I want browse internet on mobile using 3f instead of gprs. The customer has to do the following setting on his handset:Profile name: mtnlDial up no. : *99#User name : mtnlPassword : mtnl123APN: Please select the APN based on the service you have subscribed:Service name APN 2G GPRS (Postpaid) gprsmtnldel 3G Postpaid mtnl3g HSDPA Postpaid mtnlhsdpa 2G GPRS (Prepaid) gprsppsdel 3G Prepaid pps3g HSDPA Prepaid ppshsdpa Example: If a postpaid customer wants to have Data downloading through 3G APN he will select APN as mtnl3g.If a prepaid customer wants to have Data downloading through 3G APN he will select APN as pps3g.the above settings are mentioned on mtnl delhi website byt they don't work at all and what is this *99# number???

Call MTNL 3G helpline at 1503 and tell them to SMS you the settings. They will ask for your phone model and SMS you the appropriate settings that you can save on your phone and start using your phone on 3G network.

Don't bother doing all that. Customer care takes ages to send the settings.

Just SMS your Model No. to 58354

Eg: Nokia 5230 to 58354

You'll get the settings in 2 seconds. :thumb:

5230 is a recent model so there r chances tht it may nt b in mtnl's automated settings system.Anyways u can manually create the access point, here r d correct settingsconnection name -> 3G-GPRS-Prepaiddata bearer -> packet dataaccess point name -> pps3guser name - noneprompt pwd - nopwd - leave blankauthentication - normalhomepage - any webpagen dnt change d advance settings..Lemme knw if dere's any problem.

I have tried these settings but they are not working. I am getting the error -- packet data connection not available. My phone is showing 3g signal but still I am not able to browse the net using these settings. Mtnl guys are also of no help.

I am getting the error -- packet data connection not available. My phone is showing 3g signal but still I am not able to browse the net using these settings. Mtnl guys are also of no help.

I get this same error sometimes on my Nokia N95 also. Retry for 20-30 times and the page will load.

Looks like this is a problem in MTNL's network.

Back