MTNL 849NU speed problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Farid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,683
I agree with you Cool Buddy. After all the rigmorale, Thats what i had concluded, now the million dollor Q is, how do you get these morons to understand this? I am at the Mira Rd exchange, if someone can help me with that.

the last time I had this problem, i.e when I upgraded to 849NU, they changed my plan but did not change the speeds on the same day. I called up 1504 and told that CC guy that I'm on 849NU and my speed is 256kbps, whereas it shd be 2mbps. That guy understood my problem and gave me a ticket number... and it was upgraded the next day.As this thing of upgrading happens at Prabhadevi exchange, the local exchange does not have any role to play in this. Its between you and Prabhadevi Server Room guys...Just in case it does not happen thru 1504, browse other threads. Someone had once posted Prabhadevi's direct Server Room number.

cant find the server room number...if anyone has it please post....its been 25 days and 200 calls now for me.... :-(

Try calling this guy up. His name is Sheikh 022-24361221, Also try a complaint from the MTNL website.

Hi all, I am on DSL 599 plan of Mumbai MTNL (Goregaon Tel xchange). The speed that I am getting is around 450 kbps (at both speedtest.net and mtnlmumbai.in). Yesterday, it was only around 230 kbps. As per the plan, minimum guaranteed speed is 512 kbps and max speed is 2mbps. Entry in my router setup status is like this: Data rate: downstream 512 upstream 511 kbps. In this set up, will I ever get speed higher than 512? OR should the data rate ds should be 2048? Complaints made to 1504, local exchange -- both says compalint forwarded to server room. But I have not heard from them. Any idea who is the right person to approach and contact details?.

himad,As you said max speed is upto 2mbps, then it should be 2048 in your ADSL router, keep calling MTNL, or go to exchange.

Ironically the MTNL site show my plan to be 849NU, since I am a new user and MTNL would not be foolish to put me 590 which has been discontinued. But i do trust them to charge 849 and still limit me to 256Kbps. [/quote]Farid I wouldn't put anything past MTNL.I too had applied for the 849 NU but luckily for me I got the 590 NU..The only difference being I get speeds upto 2Mbps...hence the luckilyCheers

hey drmulchandani... shhhhhhhhhhhh... enjoy till the dream run is on... ;)

Back