Mtnl Binatone modem keeps dropping WiFi

• Thread starter Thread starter isaac12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 11,327
ISP
sdf
Hi all!I have recently got a mtnl connection installed with their provided Binatone DM 856W wireless N router. The WiFi had been working fine since yesterday night when it kept dropping every 2-3 minutes.It would drop, then reconnect, then drop again and then reconnect again. And then after a few tries my laptop, which is running linux mint 14, would start asking for the wireless password or key. Thinking it was an intereference problem as there are many networks surrounding my house, I changed the channel to 3. Although I THINK it improved the responsiveness of the connection, it still keeps dropping. I tried changing the wifi password but the same problem kept happening.Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and what to do about it?

I think there is a problem in Mumbai
keep getting disconnected frequently from adsl modem.
anyy one facing the problem?.

popcorn said:
I think there is a problem in Mumbai
keep getting disconnected frequently from adsl modem.
anyy one facing the problem?.
He is talking about about wifi dropping NOT DC of net connection so it should be a local issue
isaac12345 said:
Hi all!I have recently got a mtnl connection installed with their provided Binatone DM 856W wireless N router. The WiFi had been working fine since yesterday night when it kept dropping every 2-3 minutes.It would drop, then reconnect, then drop again and then reconnect again. And then after a few tries my laptop, which is running linux mint 14, would start asking for the wireless password or key. Thinking it was an intereference problem as there are many networks surrounding my house, I changed the channel to 3. Although I THINK it improved the responsiveness of the connection, it still keeps dropping. I tried changing the wifi password but the same problem kept happening.Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and what to do about it?
Do you have a cordless phone (running on 2.4GHz) close to your wifi router or a mictowave oven which is on when this wifi dropping happens? (could even be a neighbours gadget which could be interfering your wifi) :( , as both these are known to cause interference wifi transmissions.
BTW: I dont want to sound rude but displaying your city/Internet plan name can help in solving your problem quickly. :)

Back