MTNL Broadband: 1mbps plan giving 348 kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter hriday
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,922

hriday

ISP
MTNL
Okay, hi I'm a new member here and well my problem is exactly as the title says i applied for a connection after shifting.. and surprisingly I got it within 3 days.. but even after installation the speed that I receive is not more than 384 kbps.. and I know there have been other threads as well but I am not been able to repair it with the information there as well..And I have already written to the dgm of my area since a week and no response has been received.. and my DNS servers are of google's public DNS. So please people, help.?Oh, and also this is my router info. Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin: 39.5 31.0 dbLine Attenuation: 15.0 11.0 dbData Rate: 384 256 kbps

Please meet JTO personally & hopefully, it'll help.Thanks.

SNR Marging & Attenuation looks ok. But you have been synced at the wrong DL speed , write to gm & dgm (broadband) if that does not get results then an email to the ED appraising him of the sloppy work his subordinates are doing. :D

socrates is right... do that.... if all fails give a personal visit to the JTO and give him a peice of your mind ... that should do the trick

I'm sorry, JTO.?and is there something i can do personally.? like settings from my end.?

A JTO is a junior technical officer if i am not mistaken .... also since you are synced at the wrong speed you cannot do much about it ... except for complain as much as possible from your end.... the best way is to visit the exchange and talk to the JTO / GM over there and tell him to get your connection working ASAP ...

I think JTO means Junior Telecom Officer. auroraPWN is right & you're synced at wrong speed.

Back