MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,594
Status
Not open for further replies.
socrates u r very correct on the part that on weekdays & now on weekends the speeds I get before 9 am & after 5 pm is close to what I should get as per my plan UL 999 but between that everything is screwed up.
Now because of last mile connection being copper whenever phone rings and someone picks it up net disconnects. Really fed up of it and so now I'm thinking MTNL's FTTH is the way to go even though it has the crappy FUP. Atleast no more disconnection due to phone pickup and because it is based on optical cable so altogether frees up copper cable which will be only used for telephone.
As of MTNL provides us with these crappy speeds so FTTH will be better even if we cross the FUP limit. If we get proper 512Kbps continuously makes no difference. FTTH is the way to go, what sat fellas??

If your internet disconnects when Phone rings, you, my friend, have not installed the splitter correctly.

This could have happened when they increased the upload speed, this could have made many lines unstable especially those further away from the exchange. Please ask them to check your line, they can do it from the exchange itself but being lazy sods rarely do it. They prefer sending the linesman out.

atlast internet after a Week ,am i dreaming :)A Big MTNL line fault @Mankhurd Exchange let my phone & others phones dead for a week.Now it's over !! should have lit Agarbatti previously !! :biggrin (2):

They have all the time in the world to test ur patience !! read my posts in this forum. have done everything i cud to make things right include innumerable personal visits. now i just use mtnl as a backup line and a fivenet as a main line.

OK, enough is enough.
I made a call to the ED's office.The call was attended by another MTNL aunty who gave me
the ED's email ID.She suggested to contact the DGM of Navi Mumbai & gave me his number.
Funny part is I had tried contacting the DGM on that same number before calling the ED's office.
Anyhow, I have just sent the drafted emails to the ED & DGM.
Now I guess I will have to just wait for their reply.:Bar:

All MTNL officials email-id's including the ED is there on their website plus in the wiki here :)
:smartass:
Wrong!!!
1st-->No,not all ID's are on the website, specifically Executive Director ID. Even if it is there I can't find it found only the telephone no.If u don't believe me check this link out:
HTML:
http-~~-//mumbai.mtnl.net.in/helpdesk/helplines.html
The email which I sent to the DGM didn't get delivered bcoz as per gmail the ID of the DGM of my area is wrong.
In short,the MTNL website is a b*tch to navigate.The homepage of MTNL site, to me at first glance, it appears like a jigsaw puzzle.Seriously, in need of better website designers.

2nd-->Do u mean the India Broadband Wiki button at the top of the page. I remember there used to be a page but that was long time back. Here is what krish_88 had to say:-
Whats happening???? All the post uploaded are missing, WTF!!!
& rj27 said:-
Yep, most of it has gone !
Lastly, post the links to the exact page if u are able to find it.:Boy Write:

^MTNL DELHI contact nos and email's
MTNL

If u live in delhi use it, else wait for someone from Mumbai to post link here

:smartass:
Wrong!!!
1st-->No,not all ID's are on the website, specifically Executive Director ID. Even if it is there I can't find it found only the telephone no.If u don't believe me check this link out:
HTML:
http-~~-//mumbai.mtnl.net.in/helpdesk/helplines.html
The email which I sent to the DGM didn't get delivered bcoz as per gmail the ID of the DGM of my area is wrong.
In short,the MTNL website is a b*tch to navigate.The homepage of MTNL site, to me at first glance, it appears like a jigsaw puzzle.Seriously, in need of better website designers.

2nd-->Do u mean the India Broadband Wiki button at the top of the page. I remember there used to be a page but that was long time back. Here is what krish_88 had to say:-
& rj27 said:-
Lastly, post the links to the exact page if u are able to find it.:Boy Write:

Lol your response is not surprising most Triband customers rarely go to or bother to search the MTNL website. (Detailed in some other thread) If I can find it then I think ANYONE should be able to find it. I say this as I have answered this question many times (unlike many others who will post a rather rude retort of ‘search the forum before you post’. When I said it’s there on the website I was not talking thru the top of my head go to Mumbai MTNL : At a Glance then right at the bottom click on ‘For details of E-mail IDs of all officers of MTNL Mumbai , Click here..’ which will download a xls file & the last id is of the ED.
[email protected] [FONT=&quot]ED, MTNL[/FONT] if you want the MTNL MD's id it's [email protected]
If you are writing cc it to the GM (Broadband) too.
BTW I should know all this as I was the one who gave the list to admin to post on the wiki. (I still have that email) :D Hope this helps.

Yes the IBF wiki has been totally screwed up my & krish's comments were recorded in a thread about it. It's v difficult to see a lot of info which had been accumlated there. I think its easier to navigate the MTNL Mumbai site. Also it will help if you specify your location. I had not noticed it but I assumed you are from Mumbai.

Lol your response is not surprising most Triband customers rarely go to or bother to search the MTNL website. (Detailed in some other thread) If I can find it then I think ANYONE should be able to find it. I say this as I have answered this question many times (unlike many others who will post a rather rude retort of ‘search the forum before you post’. When I said it’s there on the website I was not talking thru the top of my head go to Mumbai MTNL : At a Glance then right at the bottom click on ‘For details of E-mail IDs of all officers of MTNL Mumbai , Click here..’ which will download a xls file & the last id is of the ED.
[email protected] [FONT=&quot]ED, MTNL[/FONT] if you want the MTNL MD's id it's [email protected]
If you are writing cc it to the GM (Broadband) too.
BTW I should know all this as I was the one who gave the list to admin to post on the wiki. (I still have that email) :D Hope this helps.

Yes the IBF wiki has been totally screwed up my & krish's comments were recorded in a thread about it. It's v difficult to see a lot of info which had been accumlated there. I think its easier to navigate the MTNL Mumbai site. Also it will help if you specify your location. I had not noticed it but I assumed you are from Mumbai.

Oh shit, u found it,:redface: I am sorry if I was a bit impolite earlier. I feel like kicking myself for not being able to find it(damn u MTNL:grin:) but u have to admit that MTNL site is difficult to search thru.I was agitated after having a talk with the broadband dept babus at MTNL exchange.
First, babu puts me on hold for like forever. Have to hangup after 5-10 min.2nd time round tells he will ask his engineer to look into it.3rd time he tells me he has 5 more faults to look into before he will look at my complaint.This talk happened in the morning & maybe he has not finished those 5 complaints till evening.Maybe he does 2 complaints per day who knows.........WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I have mentioned in my previous posts that I am in Navi Mumbai. Previously I was in Mumbai.But I don't expect u to go thru my posts just to find my location.Ideally I would want my location to show up in my profile but that is where the problem is.
I cannot change any settings on my profile page,cannot even upload avatar,etc. keep getting error "acess denied your account does not have sufficient privileges"
Contacted webmaster & was told that it happens for new users.
Do u know how much time it takes before I will allowed to change my profile settings etc.
Since u r an active user can u contact the webmaster & request him to let me have access to my account settings?:hug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back