MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
I guess MTNL Delhi has rectified the April Problems. I haven't faced a single disconnection or downtime in the last two months.

the same problem was with me and do you know what I did.I left:happy: my MTNL connection and then again booked an mtnl connection with a new line.

I suppose dumping your existing connection and getting a new one might be satisfactory if you can get a new one real quick. I am not sure all in Mumbai can have that luxury ... I hear folks have to wait sometime for weeks for a new broadband connection. My internet access developed a 'slow daytime web page access' sometime in April'09. I finally got it solved yesterday. Basically I was guided on phone to change my DNS server codes. I have listed the details at: Broadband Forum India > Main Sections > India Broadband > MTNL Broadband > Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems > Mail #66Since my slow access to most web pages was limited to day time hours, I was not in a desperate situation. Evenings and nights the old setting worked fine. Now I find, I am getting good bandwidth and web page access fairly quick.

Most of the april problems have been solved. The only problem one faces today is rare disconnection.

Is the april problem is solved even if we setup the Modem in PPPOE mode or we still have to be in Bridge Mode. In Bridge mode when I run test under Status tab it shows the DNS link fail, but as such I am not facing any problem in Bridge mode. I thank Krish for his postings in Broadband forum, it really helped lot of MTNL users in Mumbai as well as in Delhi. I hope even MTNL technical team picked up guidancefrom Krish postings for solving MTNL broadband connection problems.

For the past 3 days I was unable to connect to the internet even though the ADSL light was on. Whenever I was dialing from my PC it was showing an error: "Username/password is invalid on the domain".

Luckily before this thing happened, I had seen one of socrates post regarding some maintenance work which they had scheduled at my place (I'm indeed grateful to socrates for informing this beforehand :bowtoyou:).

So I knew they had screwed up the maintenance work. I complaint twice regarding this but as usual no one turned up.

So I decided to experiment with all sorts of permutation-combination. I tried using PPPoE/Bridge mode, MTNL/OpenDNS servers, Manual/Automatic IP Address etc. but none of them solved the problem.

So finally I decided to delete the existing Bridge connection and created a new one. I did that and voila! I could connect to the internet :yahoo:.

Later I found out that they have changed their server IP address and that was the reason why it was giving an error that the username is invalid on the domain.

I am getting frequent disconnections + (with & without ADSL light going off, pinging DNS servers gives 'timed out')
Download sync rate which has to be 2048 (599 pack) can go as low as 596. SNR margin can vary between 4 - 19 & Line attenuation can go upto 39 - 40. in the past this was less than 30.
Error seen in my modem log 'Unexpected packet: Ether addr: 00:90:1a:41:78:1f (PPPOE Discovery) PPPoE hdr: ver=0x1 type=0x1 code=0x07 sid=0x0000 length=0x002d (PADO) PPPoE tag: type=0102 length=0009 (AC Name) data (UTF-8): BRAS-PRBD PPPoE tag: type=0103 length=000'.
Noticed that latency is usually between 9 - 12 ms, but when a download starts (eg Mcafee) it jumps to three digit figures usually above 185 ms.
MTNL DNS servers seem to crash frequently especially 59.185.0.23. (as I post this) :cry:
Made a complaint & got a prompt tel call from exchange, lets see if these ills are cured.:)

M unable to check my usage as the page is not opening !Is anyone else facing similar problems having username ending @a ???

M unable to check my usage as the page is not opening !

Is anyone else facing similar problems having username ending @a ???

Yes... For the past 2 days the page is not opening. This has become a routine affair now for @a users :grin:

Back