MTNL Broadband: Cannot Access Router Home Page

• Thread starter Thread starter Dwayne_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 12,699
It can be done on most networks where the CPE provided is standardized, like Tikona who can remote access CPE and upgrade its firmware.

For MTNL its logistically not possible* because their grid and technology used doesn't allow to remote access to CPE's.

Regards

Exactly. Otherwise why would the MTNL blokes do the setup in your house after connecting? :D They would give it to the linesman to connect & then do the setup from the server side, they dont & hence have to send someone (with the required skills) to customers house.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I have the same problem since the last 10 days. I havent reseted the router (sterlite) because I did not note down the specific setup done by the mtnl people when they had come to install it. I regret not writing down that info.
If anyone knows what needs to be changed after reset, please tell me!

Which part of specific note do you want? Check Socrates The make/model is different but the MTNL specific info is there

The first line of support for all of us is the "Lineman" who knows nothing but still tries to operate the Windows. I remember an incident, which my friend told me which i will quote it to you people. Actually, my friend had an installation day and a guy was sent to his residence for installing the devices and getting the net connection to active mode. As, my friend wasn't available at his residence, his family did allow this guy enter the room. As soon as he entered, he switched on the computer and in those days my friend used to use "UBUNTU" Linux Operating system and as we all know it does ask for an password for logging in. This Lineman didn't know anything and said ki "Kuch password daalke rakha hai" and went off. It had a Dual-boot operating system with Windows OS installed as well. This guy didn't select any thing in the boot list and it directly took him to "UBUNTU OS". This is a condition of the Lineman and we all shouldn't blame him completely. Its MTNL who has to provide a better first line support, atleast some knowledgeable people who visit the residence and try to troubleshoot and communicate the same to their superiors. MTNL should start to recruit or provide a better training :)

Which part of specific note do you want? Check Socrates The make/model is different but the MTNL specific info is there
I needed all the info that must be entered in the router's setup pages. Nice detailed info on your blog post - but since tomorrow is sunday, what if it doesnt work for some reason, & I am stranded without internet. I'll wait until Monday and give it a go. Will post results here. Thanks Socrates!

lol :iomg::hysterical:

Ya mate, laughable though very disgraceful for MTNL atleast he should resetted the modem to the original settings rather than strolling of to his next assignment, no-wonder all linesman I have encountered are obese, no work ethic at all.

Regards

Again, I cannot access the router home page. This is frustrating because I don't want to keep resetting my router every couple of months. Any suggestions why this could be happening? I have a Sterlite SAM300 modem.

are you going through wifi or lan?if wifi then may be some problem in the pass key... or u not connected to proper network, if lan then check your lan ip address

are you going through wifi or lan?
if wifi then may be some problem in the pass key... or u not connected to proper network, if lan then check your lan ip address

LAN connection. Not sure what you mean by check lan ip address. I can see the info in 'Network Connections > Status'.

Bump, i'm also having this problem.I have reset my router (Sterlite SAM300AX) but it still does not accept 'admin' as username & password. I didn't even change the username & password in the first place.I cannot access the router home page at all.Can updating the firmware solve the problem? If yes, how do i proceed in that regard?Please help.

Back