MTNL broadband Mumbai SUKs!!!!

electronik54

ISP
MTNL
i am using MTNL broadband for past 1year....my problem started about 7-8months ago. initially i ignored it but later it became pain for memy internet gets disconnected automatically after every 2-5 minutes in the morning till 12pm and stays disconnected for 1-2minsafter that it comes down to 10-30 min in afternoom buts stays disconnected for 1-3 minutes or soin the evening till the morning the the net disconnects after every 1hour for 10-15 minutesi registered complains.... they used to send their guys to see whats wrong....they some times said that the problem is with my PC. so it tried formatting my PC.... NOTHING happened.... so i connected my laptop to my modem.... but the internet was still having the same problem....even while typing this my internet got disconnected 3timesi guess all government peoples are useless

Firstly, Which MTNL plan are you using?2. Which exchange do you belong to?

MTNL tri band works functionally only when your phone line is good.Your router/modem should have the direct connection for triband to work flawlessly. If you having a parallel line connected to it, that should be disconnected and connected via the router/modem. Contact your line men and ask them to check your line thoroughly. Usually while complaining they ask you the issue and try the most to fix it, if it doesn't get fixed then they ask you to complain for your landline fault that's what then fixes everything.Calm down, you call up and talk to your exchange directly.

my net belongs to santacruze exchange and i use DSL combo Unlimited 495 plan

----------

@demonicult
first thing.... whats the difference between triband and broadband???? and i dont use any parallel connection. the mtnl guys have chanced my line 2 or 3 months ago.
they always come at my place do something here like disconnect and again connect my modem and then they say that they will see for any problem at the server end and give me assurance that they will call me back(but they never call back) and nothing happens. THIS is going on form past 5-6 months.
and i have tried to register complain of everything like faulty line, deadline, frequently blinking ADSL lamp, no internet connection.
i even went to MTNL office met everyone. even the senior engineer. makes me feel like banging my modem on his bald head until either one of them breaks.

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO MENTION IN MY PROBLEM....
my brothers have DSL combo B on their PC but they never had this kind of problem EVEN ONCE!!!!

SO WHERES THE PROBLEM?????

@demonicultfirst thing.... whats the difference between triband and broadband???? and i dont use any parallel connection. the mtnl guys have chanced my line 2 or 3 months ago.they always come at my place do something here like disconnect and again connect my modem and then they say that they will see for any problem at the server end and give me assurance that they will call me back(but they never call back) and nothing happens. THIS is going on form past 5-6 months.and i have tried to register complain of everything like faulty line, deadline, frequently blinking ADSL lamp, no internet connection.i even went to MTNL office met everyone. even the senior engineer. makes me feel like banging my modem on his bald head until either one of them breaks.ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO MENTION IN MY PROBLEM....my brothers have DSL combo B on their PC but they never had this kind of problem EVEN ONCE!!!!SO WHERES THE PROBLEM?????

@elektronik54, Can you give a snap shot of your router page, showing SNR margin etc... Also, does your phone work fine? I mean, is there any disturbance? Just to mention, your brothers may have a different plan which is working fine, but your problem has nothing to do with the plan that you take. The problem usually is the line itself, or beyond the line (at the home, related to splitter, router, parallel lines etc.)

@sumeet

UploadPic.org - Picture Viewer - uploadpic.org
UploadPic.org - Picture Viewer - uploadpic.org

well SNR Margin and Line Attenuation keeps varying the every time i see it..... both pics have 2minutes gap.... is it normal????

about my phone.... aaaa yea.... i mean my phone line keeps on getting noise every after 2 months.... but thats the phones issue. it gets solved when i change the phone....

and about plan you mentioned your brother is having....
my brothers have DSL combo B on their PC (we live in same house) but they never had this kind of problem EVEN ONCE!!!!

@demonicult
first thing.... whats the difference between triband and broadband???? and i dont use any parallel connection. the mtnl guys have chanced my line 2 or 3 months ago.
they always come at my place do something here like disconnect and again connect my modem and then they say that they will see for any problem at the server end and give me assurance that they will call me back(but they never call back) and nothing happens. THIS is going on form past 5-6 months.
and i have tried to register complain of everything like faulty line, deadline, frequently blinking ADSL lamp, no internet connection.
i even went to MTNL office met everyone. even the senior engineer. makes me feel like banging my modem on his bald head until either one of them breaks.

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO MENTION IN MY PROBLEM....
my brothers have DSL combo B on their PC but they never had this kind of problem EVEN ONCE!!!!

SO WHERES THE PROBLEM?????

Your Bro's belong to the same exchange?

Back