MTNL Broadband: speed lesser than 1mbps in 849 nu plan ?!!!

झुंजार

Shorei-ryu, Shugen-do...
ISP
MTNL
hi everyone,i am in serious need of help from guys here. i am a resident of azad nagar, thane(W). i got myself the 849 nu plan activated on d 1st 0f june, 09. i haven't got any sort of problems regarding browsing-speeds, disconnections, etc. i am a novice in this n also to the world of torrents. but one day i just thought of comparing my dl speed with that of my friend's with a BSNL dataone connection (NU, 2mbps), and its at that time i came to know what i am getting is rather 'too' less. i get a dl speed of 790-820 kbps (or nearabout 0.79-0.82 mbps), whereas my friend was havin 2.14 mbps (as what he told me)...in a frantic search i then landed up here on this site n saw to my amazement that almost all the guys here with mtnl mumbai 849 nu connections had atleast speeds higher than 1mbps. so i call up a technician at the local exchange n he tells me that 849 nu plan does get only 512kbps of dl speed, n what i am getting is rather more, n further adds that those who say that they get speeds higher than 1mbps in this plan r misinforming u. obviously, i dont believe him. n so am i writing this. foll r my connection stats:1. router - wired (MT 882, guess its Huawei smartAX, but mentioned nowhere)2. dsl speed - 262/805kbps3. US margin - (-)134. DS margin - 85. DS line attenuation - 476. US line attenuation - 267. ADSL line from my modem goes to the POTS splitter; and from the other end, main line goes to the main socket.8. torrent dl speed that i get from public trackers ranges between 78-83kbps, but never more than that (with port forwarded).9. connection gets disconnected whenever a call comes on my landline and the receiver is picked up :huh:10. its a PPPoE configured connection, over ethernet.i request ppl here to kindly do respond n help me out...may be some of d ppl here might've suffered similar probs earlier but now r out of it...i hope to c some positive replies...n plz pardon me for the length of the post...:redface:thanx a lot

1. router - wired (MT 882, guess its Huawei smartAX, but mentioned nowhere)

2. dsl speed - 262/805kbps

3. US margin - (-)13

4. DS margin - 8

5. DS line attenuation - 47

6. US line attenuation - 26

Here goes your problem mate! you are synced to much lower speeds that you are supposed too( 805kbps). And your line isnt in the good condition either...

Call the local line man and get the line checked...Also see if the splitter is working properly.

best of luck man.

hey thanx for ur suggestion....but a lil while later i let loose the reins of my mind n figured out dat ya, i've a parallel landline connection :eek: so i did away wid it n now enjoyin speeds equivalent to 1.8 mbps :cool2:however, it hasnt made any sizeable differences with regards 2 d attenuation stats n SNR, so i wud act upon n call d local lineman as suggested by u...well, thanx again ! :)

Back