• Thread starter Thread starter AvidWatcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,835

AvidWatcher

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 1 mbps Unlimited, Vodafone 3G
Hi,I am from Marol, Andheri exchange using a 1 Mbps line.Since past 1 week my speeds are reduced to 200 kbps. Is there something wrong with MTNL speeds across Mumbai or Andheri East area?It's silly coz I am paying Rs 1599 and experiencing reduced speeds of 200 kbps now.I switched to bridge mode earlier using help from this forum few months ago, due to frequent disconnections. Do I need to change something now? My modem is D-Link 502TTheir call centre is garbage and talk as if they are doing a favour by answering.Any help guys? Thanks.

Have you checked the value of 'downstream sync speed' on your modem's setting page http://192.168.1.1/ ?

If its showing less than 1024 kbps then the only option for you is to contact your telephone exchange and tell them to sync it to proper speed.

If its showing near about 1024 kbps then kindly do a Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and post the result here.

Hi, the details shown on the Status ADSL Page are:Item - Downstream - Upstream - Unit Data Rate - 256 - 256 - kbpsShould I contact the exchange now?

Is there anyway I can change it since my Account info shows 1 Mbps unlimited on the MTNL online website? Also few days ago, I think I used Tuneup Utilities for internet connection. Did that sort of impact my speed?

do you have a cordless/wireless phone at your home? it might be the problem as i realized it
check out my thread
Code:
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/56826-mtnl-broadband-getting-437kbps-2mbps/

yes that seems like a line problem , you should get in touch with the exchange

Ya you should contact your exchange now. They have mistakenly reduced your sync speed to 256kbps. And you can't correct it yourself as this has to be done from the exchange itself.

Been to the MTNL exchange today. Everything seems ok from their end. They even ported the line (whatever that means) again in my presence.The only resort left is to change the modem, since I've been using the modem for the past few years. I used Tuneup Utilities few days ago and although I can't remember using it on the internet settings, would it create any sort of impact? Worse...I'm paying Rs 1599 for a useless 256 kbps line. MTNL hai toh sahi hai??...sab bakwaas hai.I simply hated the way the staff members work there..they spoke as though they were doing a favour. Initially I got passed from one department to the other...even from 1 building to the other..things changed once I began to raise my voice.Can anyone please help? I was also asked to contact Prabhadevi Exchange coz the terminal application at the Marol exchange just wouldn't launch on their supposed 486 :D machines - lol - what they claimed was due to multiple usage, the application had slowed down.

Back