MTNL does not work with Netgear router/Modem ?

• Thread starter Thread starter fxthomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 18,040

fxthomas

ISP
MTNL,849 NU
Hi, I had bought a Netgear wirless router/modem for MTNL triband. I had seen in the forumn that it is mentioned it works well. But unforuntaley the MTNL guy called up and said it won't work and it wll work on D-Link GLB 502t router etc or the modem MTNL provides. I MTNL exchage based at MULUND west told me thing. is this true. ?? Can anyone help me in this. My Netgear is waste then . :wall::wall:

hi, Yes its Neatgear DB834G . Win't it work on MTNL, the GUY is coming today to install it. :wall:

Usually MTNL or BSNL will connect to internet with their modem/their laptop , preset for you on your telephone connection. ( Mostly free installation ) Programming any other modem, they may charge installation charges. If the 'GUY' is from MTNL, hope he will set the NetgearDG834G. The Netgear wizard for LAN or wireless can be used for automatic programming Trouble shooting : No Internet Using a DG632 or DG834 Series Router with Internal Modem

hi essebe, Thanx for ur reply, I spoke to the MTNL guy , he is recultant to configure it on any other modem, he says it will work only on D-Link 502T mode. Anyway is there any way i can configure wireless using both i.e. dlink and neatgear to have wirless connectivity :(:(

Confirm the modem is DG834g and not DB834G. 1.Phone wallpoint==>> Rj11 cable to splitter==>>ADSL post Rj11 cable to==>>Modem==>> RJ45 cable from modem to computer/laptop ethernet port. IMPORTANT All phones to be connected after splitter 2. Open Internet Explorer browser Type in address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 ID admin Password password Select the wizard Para twoIn computer start/RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all. save as screen shot. start/network/LAN/Properties/ status/repair. try wireless wizard If successfully connected . For MTNL VPI/VCI I think is 0 and 32. this is important setting.Please check. .

hi, Yes its DG834G , but i am not able to understand, which is D-Link modem fiiting into the structure you have given me.or have you given the steps to directly connect to the Netgear Wireless modem. One more question even if i use dlink modem which MTNL says can i change and do RND on the netgear wireless modem. Is there setting done on MTNL server which make it to know which brand of modem is connecting to it. Otherwise my RND will Fail. regards,Felix T

steps to directly connect to the Netgear Wireless modem.
Yes. I presume you have ONLY ONE unit Netgear DG834g adsl2+router+wifi model. ( 3 in 1 )
If you have any other units please confirm.router mtnl SERVER does not recognise the modems/routers etc. ONLY the IP
. usually we use only an ADSL2 modem to connect to Internet. When we need to connect more computers a router or switch etc used.
When you use a laptop with a wireless lan adapter ( usually on left side ),
and want connection without any wires being connected to it, ( portable) we need a wireless router.
For testing we connect Rj45 to the laptop.

hi, Actually i have got a D-Link glb 502T router also. So infact i have now a) Laptop b) Dlink 502T adsl2 router (for MTNL) c) DG834G wireless mode/router ( what a waste of money !!!):wall: as of now. Can i use these units and get wireless connectivity. regards,Felix T:(

By not giving proper information at the outset , the problem has dragged on.
D-Link Support

This web site gives all details how to configure DSL-502T. follow same procedure.
To use your laptop in wireless mode ( without any internet cable being attached to it ))Netgear is required.
And you need not use DLINKglb 502T. we will come to that later.
Just confirm you can connect to Internet with D-Link modem/router.
One more reference:
Dlink Settings for Broadband

Back