MTNL does not work with Netgear router/Modem ?

• Thread starter Thread starter fxthomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 18,040
Mr. Thomas thats not the speed you should be getting. For 849NU you should get above 1.700 Mbps. The 1000 KB file should download in about 5-6 seconds not 41. either there's a problem at MTNL (most probably) or some configurations that you've not done correctly with your Netgear modem. check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and see what results you get or you can download the bigger file (5000 KB) from the MTNL site for your speed test.

hi, Thanx for the info, will try it out. ANyway I want to know if there is a way to restart the wirless neatgear modem at some interval , i saw a post for restarting D-Link sys modem, so i was wondering if anyone else has do for Netgear too.

hi, Sorry foer the late reply. I tired using the reconnect, but is showing no connections in its drop down menu. And i tried the steps given in the link given by @ essbee , but the rasdial thing is not working. is there any other way it can be done.:redface:

I am using Netgear router/ modem DG834G.
I have been experiencing broadband problem from 21st jan 08. I am not able connect to internet for past 22 days . It connects sometimes but the adsl light keeps on blinking green even when i dont use internet. But the light should stay stable when internet is not in use. Most of the times it doesnot connect to internet.

I have called 1504 and even the area manager of dwarka and gm office janakpuri . The Area manager Mr chopra of dwarka has visited to my house and seen the problem . he even checked the line and all seems to be working well according to him in the line. He told he will check from his side. But till now nothing has been done.

This is my details shown in my netgear modem, This might help you to solve my problem
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2048 kbps 256 kbps
Line Attenuation 48 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 17 db 23 db

Please help me.:(

Varun_21
No Internet Using a DG632 or DG834 Series Router with Internal Modem
1. Have you tried connecting the router with RJ45 to ethernet port of computer/laptop?
( could be some problem in wireless settings )
2. It appears you are connected to internet. Unless you get connected you may not get the stats given. YOUR gateway may not be connected.
Check this and modify: start run type cmd type Ipconfig/all
report here.
Start/Network/Lan or wireless network/ Properties/TCP/IP properties.
Change to Assign IP address automatically.
Enter open dns 208.67.220.220 ND 208.67.222.222.
If no success, send PM to me, as I normally do not check MTNL forum.
Others may help you , based on your feedback.
DG834G Support Page

Hi,

I use MTNL Triband connection in Mumbai. I recently purchased a Netgear DG843 G wireless router and I am unable to configure my mtnl connection for this router. My old D-Link 502T works perfect

My MTNL user name is "phonenumber@a"
My User id has an @a in the end and I use the same uid / pwd to login to MTNL to chk my usage, change my triband password, etc

I tried the modem in 2 MTNL houses where the user name is just the phone number without the '@a' and the router works like a dream

My adsl setting in the router is - LCC, 0, 32, Auto

Can someone pls help me. I am on 98204 67945 / [email protected]

Thanx,
Rohinton

Back