MTNL Delhi MTNL doubling the speed of Broadband

ISP
MTNL
Hi All,

I have heard this news from (insider), that MTNL is doubling the speed of its unlimited broadband service .

For Eg : 512kbps to 1 mbps
1 mbps to 2 mbps ... likewise.

Hope this this plan is executed soon :)

May be they will follow mumbai footsteps.....

I had also heard from mtnl guy 2yrs back that within next month all will be FTTH and no more DSl, hasn't happened yet lol :\

I hope it happens. It has already happened in Mumbai right?

i think it had happened long back; but the thing is they keep changing plans and speeds so much that atleast i get confused regarding updates. though the best part is that those continuing with old plans (that have been replaced by new ones by MTNL), they can keep continuing with them. for instance, am on a 1-1.5 mbps unltd plan. i recently got a 2 mbps unltd plan from a pvt. ISP too, so was thinking of getting MTNL disconnected. however, saw what plans are there now in existence, and they looked horrible and expensive to me, so might be staying with MTNL as a secondary connection, so that if sometime in future this pvt. ISP starts acting up and i need to go back to MTNL, i would then have to opt for some measly plan with some FUP-crap (not many plans now can be seen on the Mumbai MTNL portal), and 2 mbps and above look very costly.

Exactly. I am tired of 1mbps ultd, it's too slow and 2mbps is quite costly. Rest of the ISPs are either costly, have FUP, or have downtime. And I can't afford anyone of these.

Back