MTNL DSL_Unlimited_1599@ 1.344 Mbps is still slow for youtube!!

doomsday_2012

ISP
Tata
Guys, my friend's MTNL plan has been changed to 1.344Mbps and he constantly get's download speeds of 165 to 168Kbytes per second but it's still slow for youtube, youtube videos buffers a lot on that speed, it would have been better if MTNL had provided 2Mbps at the same price, so atleast could watch youtube videos without buffering, even 360p videos buffer on youtube with that speed.:(

it could not be coz of slow speed... maybe its due to poor QoS and poor single stream connectivity..i can watch 360p videos easily on Airtel 1 Mbps connection..infact on average they only require about 700 Kbps..i did have problems watching youtube videos sometimes on MTNL

WTF..... NOI'm getting that plan, doomsday_2012, is the problem still persisting?

Yes, I am having the same problem too over past 7 days. Browsing is all time slow, and so is streaming on Youtube. I have 1Mbps connection. MTNL do something !!

you guys must be using non india based dns server like opendns, use google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 ) or some india based dns servers like#tata203.124.230.21203.124.230.12#airtel59.144.127.1659.144.127.17when u use google dns or some india based dns server, then youtube videos get downloaded from India based youtube caching servers, other wise browser will try to fetch the videos from youtube servers located in the country where the dns server isTry it out and see

you guys must be using non india based dns server like opendns,
use google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 ) or some india based dns servers like
#tata
#airtel

when u use google dns or some india based dns server, then youtube videos get downloaded from India based youtube caching servers, other wise browser will try to fetch the videos from youtube servers located in the country where the dns server is

Try it out and see

Do I need 2 enter these DNS address in my router or PC with is connected to Router. I have WAG54G2, its a router come ADSL modem.

I can watch 480P videos without buffer time.But I have come to a conclusion-Taking from merc782's Theory, I can only see popular videos without buffer, so basically those are probably the ones on Indian servers, Others are located abroad and hence require time for buffering.

Same issue for me as well. I remember seeing YouTube without buffering on a friends 300kbps Reliance connection and even with 1MBps my YouTube delays and streams.. with buffering.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I can watch 480P videos without buffer time.
But I have come to a conclusion-
Taking from merc782's Theory, I can only see popular videos without buffer, so basically those are probably the ones on Indian servers, Others are located abroad and hence require time for buffering.

I see your signature has 100ms ping times on MTNL Triband. What DNS are you using/ where are you located in Bombay? I get crappy 900/1000ms Pings

Back