• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,311

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
Hi,I will be applying for new mtnl connection.Kindly tell me the best plan for unlimited internet and iptv.Will the unlimited internet plan offer 2 MBps speeds? (atleast during night)If that is not the case, if I do not opt for iptv will I get 2 MBps speeds on the unlimited data plan? Are the 2 Mbps speeds available only on 749 NU plan?I live in delhi. I am being forced to opt for mtnl as airtel is not available at my locality.

in delhi the scenario is like this..first you have to choose between speed and unlimited usagemtnl only offers 256kbps on unlimited connections. however you can get 2mbps if you take the night unlimited plan, which has a limit of 1.25GB in daytime for entire month.then if you want to get iptv on the line too then again you can not get 2mbps even though your plan is for 2mbpsmy recomendation is if you are into downloading movies etc then do not take iptv on the same line, instead w8 for the time MTNL starts to thinking straight and gives you the option to have a 2mbps speed with iptv

@bandaI like the option of unlimited data.Night time unlimited plan seems like a hassle to me. I am not too crazy about having to switch/off/on my modem every night. I use internet 24x7.I'll go for unlimited data. now in this scenario there seem to be two plans. 799 & 899. 899 seems to have 100 free calls. Does 899 provide speed benefits over 799 unlimited? i.e. 2 mbps during night?I am guessing the answer is NO.I guess I'll go with 799 plan.Can you tell me how much it will cost me total with iptv option and without iptv options?Also, I have heard horror stories about getting mtnl connection. I am told by some people that it may take 15 days or more to get a broadband connection when I apply for new phone!! is it true? :(kindly tell me the cost+time taken for getting mtnl connection. If I go to sanchar hut, will it be faster or would ordering over net/1500 be better option??EDIT : I have heard that registration charges are waived off till 31 jan 08. is it true?

do you have a mtnl line??.. if not then getting a net connection will take time , cuz you can't book both the things at one go. about the exact cost of iptv please refer to the mtnl website, they have different plans. i subscribed a few months back.. and it was under a scheme then ..

I don't have mtnl connection. :(any idea as to how much time will it take to get connection+broadband? How is the iptv experience. Is it good? I do not have a TV. I was planning to watch TV on my 19" lcd monitor using tv tuner box.I

i have no idea how long it will take to get the connection. as far as the iptv experience goes.. its a mixed bag, i have found the picture quality to be very good but the technology itself has its fair share of drawbacks being experimental and all. read the views of other users on this forum and then decide for yourself.

I have got the triband connection working now.I called the iol iptv guys and told them I want to sign up for iptv. They will call me up in the next few days.I am opting for iptv hoping for the best. :)

Back