• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,046

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Is there an email to SMS service for MTNL Mobiles. I know there;s a tool on MTNL's site from which u can send SMSes , but I need something like [email protected] type of service

I actually need alerts which r sent via email only......& i want to see them instantaneously
So something of the sort when an email is sent to [email protected] , i get it as an sms instantly

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Trump and haven't heard of a number based email provided my MTNL.

Take a look at Free Mobile Push Email - Consilient Push. It's obv. not MTNL specific but lets you run a Java based client on your cellphone to make it push enabled. You can get push updates from selected mail accounts. I tried it soon after it launched & it worked pretty well. What I found impressive was the fact that the amount of data transferred to the phone at most times was almost nil, which is an important factor if you're paying per KB downloaded since an app like this will have to synch constantly with the mail service. Don't use it though coz I can do without getting an SMS everytime I get some spam in my inbox. :cool2:

Or you can use GMail, it has an App that you can download to your mobile. Its quite smart in terms of reducing data transfer.

I think again I require a JAVA enabled phone for that.I wonder why BOL Mail doesnt have an integration with MTL's mobile service its matter of minutes , rather seconds that I need to act on the alerts.

If its importent, then PM me. There can be some workarounds but non-free ones.For example, there should be lot of scripts on web that will check your mailbox every minute and will do something with email.Now "do someting" part can be replaced by sending first 100 characters as SMS. usually a SMS costs 60 paisa to 1 Rs.Whole thing would cost you ~1k (i.e. unless if you know some site that will do SMS for free and will not require captcha)

Back