MTNL server recording wrong quota usage

• Thread starter Thread starter ikescot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,583

ikescot

ISP
MTNL
hi i hv been using MTNL for more than 3 years now. today i left my system on frm 1:30 to 5:30. the net was also on. i hadnt put anything for download or surfing alot either. & i hv configured my system such that i wont download any automatic updates or anything either. in the evening when i checked the MTNL site it showed that i had used around 112 Mb's of my quota. since i was hardly surfing it should not have used more than 30 Mb's.can anyone pls tell me if this is happenin with others as well. & also whom to complain to in order to get it fixed. if the site keeps recording like this than my quota will get over in 5 days.

it may be some virus or spyware... or some update devils...its time to move to unlimited.Speed Thoda hai par better hai !

Are you using PPPoE or Bridge mode?

If you are using PPPoE mode, install a bandwidth monitoring software like NetMeter (freeware) or BWMeter (shareware) to monitor your broadband usage henceforth.

If you are using Bridge mode, then see the "Received bytes" (by clicking on the network icon in the taskbar) at the end of each session (before disconnecting the dial-up connection) and cross-check the same with what is shown in your MTNL's account.

If there's some discrepancy then write in your complaint to one of the emails mentioned in this thread:
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/52759-mtnl-broadband-online-complaint-registration/

P.S.: It is always a better and safe practice to switch off your internet when you are not using it as there are many softwares (including your anti-virus) that have automatic scheduled updates enabled unless you explicitly disable them.

i am using PPPoE mode. i hv explicitly disabled all the automatic updats on my pc. the anti-virus updates are scheduled to be downloaded at during the NU period. even if it downloads during the day time, the virus definitions r not more than 2 mb's. i also shut down the internet when i dont require it. but sometimes i 'm waintin for a skype call & have to leave it on. is MTNL likely to respond to a complain for improper usage data recorded or do they get bk sayin i must hv downloaded something. any ideas...

Back