MTNL Mumbai MTNL Throttling speed or just overload of infrastructure

• Thread starter Thread starter Satyajeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 28,667
Again had a talk. They are saying that there is no Huwei/Sotl in the region. Only Ericsson or Alcatel and that Alcatel would not work that good on my location because its 2.5 km away. :|.
Also overheard some mtnl call center people talk about ports.they only use 2 words ericsson and Alcatel just like i overheard my areas linesman overheard talk Alcatel or Ericsson. :|

Probably the server room has stopped giving connections to SOTL.... so they are having only Ericsson & Alcatel options......

Which is why even I got shifted to Alcatel 182.59.x.x...... 182.59.x.x has been perfectly stable ever since my port change....

But 182.56.x.x.... also Alcatel.... seems to be a timeout server.... according to @FireSword & @d5aqoëp ......

So beware while changing port..... insist on 182.59.x.x on Alcatel.... if SOTL is not possible...

Yep noted that but can they actually easily change it to 182.59.x.x series ? If its a hassle they will put me on 182.56.x.x series... Also in ericsson you were getting the good ip range after router resets..it was not possible in my case as ip ranges you mentioned were far away...(what i am trying to ask is whether second blocks of ip depend on location or nothinh as such)

I am not sure if the 2nd block of the IP is region based..... but considering that I am on 182.59.x.x in Borivali..... and @kickass with same IP series is in somewhere close to Prabhadevi xchg...... it might not be region based..... since the area is huge....

As for the good IP range on Ericsson.... You need to find which range is good.....You can refer to my post on this workaround...

Problem with Twitch.tv and Mtnl Broadband

Can someone tell me how to interpret that WinMTR result so I can explain THIS issue to the MTNL guys?
If they refuse a change, I'm changing ISP's, can't stand this anymore.

I havent used winmtr software but i guess send vs recieved packets shows loss.
Also you arent lagging while playing the game? Just discconecting when new map loads up?

Strange...i still ask you to try out another game and check up on its lag/disconnection tendancies before deciding what to do. Id try out a f.p.s online...

I really wish that news about MTNL shutting down was true, the internet has been disconnecting the whole day today. Kept a ping to google.com an there are so many RTO's. I get IP in the series 59.182.... is this the culprit.

I really wish that news about MTNL shutting down was true, the internet has been disconnecting the whole day today. Kept a ping to google.com an there are so many RTO's. I get IP in the series 59.182.... is this the culprit.
Dont say that.... MTNL has the most subscribers..... so there will be more people having problems than other ISP's..... but that doesnt make it bad...... percentage wise...... it will be proportional to other ISP's in customer compalints.......

That Ericsson IP 59.182.x.x ....... has timeout problems on some IP range..... I had same one..... u should try to get IP in 59.182.0.x - 59.182.14.x range OR 59.182.48.x - 59.182.63.x....... I use to use these IP ranges to remove the timeout problems..... Try it

Back