MTNL Mumbai MTNL Throttling speed or just overload of infrastructure

• Thread starter Thread starter Satyajeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 28,667
I ran some tests without the splitter and there was 1 packet loss in 200 packet sent on gateway ip and google.com. seemed splitter had issues too.
Still killzone sf diagnostics was showing packet loss after i changed my splitter. I will try to ping kz and battlefield servers today and lets see.

Update: packet loss is less now 1% or below.

Does any senior member know of good adsl splitter?( line-phone-router)
Branded one and where to buy it from?

Last edited:
Cannot stand this guys How do I explain this issue to the technicians? If I cant manage to do so, I have no option left but to change my ISP.

Yes, went from Ericsson to Alcatel 182.56.x.x series.
But on Alcatel, I am facing what another member here terms as Website timeouts. Also while gaming, I disconnect from the server when I change areas. When ever try to go to a new area, its a coin toss if I will make it through or not..

WinMTR results reveal high packet loss on the second hop, i.e 182.56.0.1

All subsequent hops seem fine though, 0-1% packet loss.

Last edited:
X720 which router do you reccomend in 1200-1800 rs range from gaming perspective? Can up my range a bit if needed to. Id rather have 3-4 suggestions from senior member of a mtnl forum ;)

Last edited:
Ok thanks for reply TP-Link TD-W8968 or Tp-link-W8961ND .. Which one is better according to you?
Also W8968s V2 supports wrt whereas current v4 doesnt..does it make any difference.

I'm not sure if any modem router works with dd-wrt.

Latest is V4 and that's what you'll get on ordering online.
Ok V4 is fine according to you right? I mean overall better than dna 2012. Ill be needing upnp,port forwarding,Nat 2

Also ill run some more tests and try n ping bigger packets to check for packet loss.

Last edited:

Back