MTNL Mumbai MTNL Throttling speed or just overload of infrastructure

• Thread starter Thread starter Satyajeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 28,667
This type .not exactly this but you know which connector i am talking about
thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQW06tuWnCVkXmT-p2UGu3A.jpg

TATA WLL plans are pretty expensive. A second mtnl line would be cheaper, I think. Reliance has nice WLL plans, but they have issues regarding fwp availability and will probably ask you to buy a fixed wireless terminal to which your current landline phone can be attached.

I was thinking of second mtnl line myself but dont they give second line from the same cable or something itself? (From outside our flat). It may again affect the quality of my current line?
Also i have a garuda phone but initial handset they gave out of Nokia is cheap.would any cdma handset work with garudas chip?

I dunno how your wiring scheme is. Do you have multiple pairs inside the house? If not, they'll have to pull a new line from the box.

If you have multiple pairs, then same line will be used. At my house, we have multiple single pair cables, so each connection is given on a new line.

Garuda is dead. Some exchanges have towers, but they don't sell new connections anymore. Find out if fwp is available at your local Reliance Store.

Yep garuda is shutting down soon.

Idk how my wiring works but if i want the cordless phone at the same place(livong room) as it is now then i guess they will have to use the same line or parallel line.

@realsoccerdude1

How is the SOTL Port though? What ever packet loss and ping spikes you are talking about, do they cause timeouts? Or is the latency very bad?
Trying to get mine changed.

It does have some timeout issue randomly (about 1 per 200 packets sent) Also ping to google is nowhere near being as good as 4 m/s.(its the usual 8/9 ms). My ip range is to both 120.60.x.x and 120.61.x.x servers.
But overall this is still 35% or so better than ericsson.

I dont advice you to gauge Sotl on my connection though.if i were you id take advice from someone who has a connection from your own exchange.

Port changed to SOTL 120.62.x.x server. All seems good so far. It's inferior to Alcatel as far as latency is concerned, but no timeouts(that I can see so far), and no oversubscription(yet) like Ericsson.

Back