MTNL Mumbai MTNL Throttling speed or just overload of infrastructure

• Thread starter Thread starter Satyajeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 28,669
Yes. Please go to Prabhadevi telephone exchange and on the ground floor of the tall building, meet a lady called Mrs. Mukadam. Tell her your speed issues and she will move you to SOTL. You may have to be little forceful but maintain your politeness with her.

It is not a congestion issue. It is due to the faulty configuration of the New Alcatel server. Once you are on SOTL, speed and website loading issues would be a thing of past.

Thanks for your help... my ip is normally 59.183.xxx.xxx. so is that ericsson or the old alcatel. And does SOTL stand for sterlite optical technologies ltd or something else?

SOTL/Huawei. Whatever they might refer to it by.

For tata, its a pain. Ask local brand store, I guess the one at Plaza should be the closest one. If they don't have a clue, look around forgrey cabinets of around 4ft. The local salesguy's number will be written on it [emoji14]

Ask people in your building too.

Ok an Update : I was on Ericsson 59.182.x.x ....... same speed problem during day..... from 11AM-6PM.... speed was pathetic... YouTube couldnt even get past 50KBps...
Since I was too lazy to goto my xchg..... I sent email to [email protected] (WEST III Zone)..... to change my port to SOTL....
2 days later.... my port is changed!!.... But to "probably" Alcatel..... 182.59.x.x.....
Since port change there has been no timeouts or speed problems...... so everything looks gr8...
Currently on 2Mbps for this month.... Nxt month will shift to 8Mbps again....

P.S.: It looks like they just interchanged the first two IP blocks during port change....

Ok an Update : I was on Ericsson 59.182.x.x ....... same speed problem during day..... from 11AM-6PM.... speed was pathetic... YouTube couldnt even get past 50KBps...
Since I was too lazy to goto my xchg..... I sent email to [email protected] (WEST III Zone)..... to change my port to SOTL....
2 days later.... my port is changed!!.... But to "probably" Alcatel..... 182.59.x.x.....
Since port change there has been no timeouts or speed problems...... so everything looks gr8...

P.S.: It looks like they just interchanged the first two IP blocks during port change....

Thats great news bro.. any idea who i should mail? my exchange is shivaji park.

I had a look at this page http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/contactus but it only shows General Managers, where as a google search for the email you used shows up as "appellate authority"

Thanks

Last edited:

I had a look at this page http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/contactus but it only shows General Managers, where as a google search for the email you used shows up as "appellate authority"

Thanks

Last edited:

I had a look at this page http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/contactus but it only shows Genaral Managers, where as a google search for the email you used shows up as "appelate authority"

Thanks

If it is New Shitcatel, keep an eye for random website timeouts.

If it is New Shitcatel, keep an eye for random website timeouts.
Yea definitely keeping an eye out for timeouts.... but so far none to report.....

Its been 10 days.... and already it has been better than Ericsson in speeds.... no timeouts.... and more than 10hr sessions....

But the real test will be once I get 8Mbps back nxt month....

Back