MTNL To Announce New Unlimited Plans On Oct. 2nd

Originally posted by seanthecool10@Oct 24 2005, 01:34 AM
... till then my blood boils when i see ads for mtnl..
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I get _SO_ irritated when I hear the ad about MTNL combo offer with 250MB FREE data download!!! :angry:

waterloo_sunset, I hope what you say turns out to be true! We all should give you a BIG party should MTNL come out with truely unlimited offers in sub-1000 category :D

seriously. .the only reason why ppl get mtnl is coz they are desperate.. i know why i got it.. i couldnt explain the insane dial up bills.. nu.. is a lil better when it comes to such things.. (for me ie) but when they advertise its so sick.. i mean i seen a tv ad.. and i was like they are spending cash on crap like this?? first get out decent tariffs and stop tryin to rip ppl off!! 24 x 7 better be here max by the end of this year.. (not that i can do anything if it wont happen!!)whts sad to see is some ppl .. have resigned themselves to the fact tht their isp sucks.. which is not a bad thing.. its just tht.. if u let them no ur interested in new tarrifs... they might do something. .after all they are looking to make more cash and have a decent amount of subscribers by the end of the year.. so if they plan on getting more ppl to subscribe better plans and better service should be their primary concern!! and we are not far away from unlimited connections. .i was skeptical 2 at first .. but when airtel came out with their connection in delhi.. it got me thinking.. just tht mtnls a lil slow in everything.. so it cant be too long.. till they do something.. i say max 2 months.. wud make a nice new year present.. but still hoping for somehting for diwali.. plus - some ppl have taken the trbl to ask.. so why not find out wht they know?? wudnt hurt anyone.. i guess thts wht this forum is for!

seanthecool, i think i read somewhere that u can view ur session history if u register an email id with MTNL(the free one they provide with ur connection.And i know the kinda crappy plans they've been advertising. These buggers are so slow to respond to competition. Even the smaller players like hathway and sify have unlimited plans. Am still hoping they eventually announce them in early nov. Also usually BSNL and MTNL go hand in hand when it comes to major tariff revisions or new plans. Maybe that's got somethin to do with it. NU was a good start, but it's time to take another step forward coz at the rate we're going god knows when we'll get truly high speed net (read MBps downloads). Maybe it's time the government starts taking an active interest like it did in the case of computer hardware by slashing duties in their annual budgets and eventually doing away with them altogether which led to a massive increase in PC sales. I've no idea wt steps need to be taken to achieve this but then it's their job to figure this out and P.Chidambaram and Manmohan Singh and even the prez Mr. Kalam shud put their heads together.

Forget about Mbps connections yaar! I will settle for even a 256Kbps connection at this point ... >_>

I agree with Max-- give me a true, unlimited, always-on, full speed 256 kbps connection with no restriction on p2p traffic - I can easily transfer 75 GB worth of data every month if I keep the computer running all the time.
Which is enough for me.

Originally posted by max@Oct 25 2005, 06:42 PM
Forget about Mbps connections yaar! I will settle for even a 256Kbps connection at this point ... >_>
[snapback]29420[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, I already have a router running 24x7 and pull about 10-15GB a month on my sucky 64Kbps (its more of a 48-56Kbps connection). If I get a 256Kbps unlimited (truely unlimited) connection, I will be able to download as close as possible to the theoretical limit of 81.73828125GB per month :D

Cant pull in 81 GB because your computer would burn up in the heat ;) And anyway there would be a 1% or a little bit more downtime in 30 days, I'm sure that much downtime happens anywhere in the world :D

Originally posted by yogi@Oct 25 2005, 07:47 PM
Cant pull in 81 GB because your computer would burn up in the heat ;)
And anyway there would be a 1% or a little bit more downtime in 30 days, I'm sure that much downtime happens anywhere in the world :D
[snapback]29434[/snapback]
[/quote]

hehe true.. throw in bittorent / emule/ newsgroups 75-80 gb might be easily possible

yeah, I need that much data transfer for bit torrents, emule and newsgroups. And the occasional voice call :-)

Back