MTNL (General) MTNL to upgrade broadband speed

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 28,337
Its not for one day, I reached over 6gb and now its back to normal speed.

I think this free upgradation is only for Mumbai users.
In delhi i am continuously checking my speed from 1st oct 12am but there is no 2mbps speed , I am getting Ancient Glory 512kpbs speed just like everytime.

you might have to call them up and change the plan..check plans on the forum already posted..

I think this free upgradation is only for Mumbai users.
In delhi i am continuously checking my speed from 1st oct 12am but there is no 2mbps speed , I am getting Ancient Glory 512kpbs speed just like everytime.

I am in Delhi.

Anyways, 2 hours to go before the new day begins. Let's see if the speed goes up again after 12 am. :D

Also, interesting thing I've noticed. The average download speed for 1Mbps connection is now 140-150Kbps. It was 130 Kbps before. After this 2Mbps bit it has increased slightly. Weird.

I am in Delhi.

Anyways, 2 hours to go before the new day begins. Let's see if the speed goes up again after 12 am. :D

Also, interesting thing I've noticed. The average download speed for 1Mbps connection is now 140-150Kbps. It was 130 Kbps before. After this 2Mbps bit it has increased slightly. Weird.
Yep! I noticed that too. Before on 1mbps, I too was getting ~140+kBps. Do keep us posted!

Its not for one day, I reached over 6gb and now its back to normal speed.
Really? Oh boy. Not even on a new day? That sucks.

Update..

At 12:00 am, no speed change. I waited 10-15 mins in, no change in speeds. So I did a System Restart for router from browser to see if that'll have any affect. Nope.

At 12:30 I turned off and on Router itself. No speed change.

It's 12:48 am right now and still the speed hasn't changed.

HOWEVER, keep one thing in mind. Last time the speed change was visible to me (3rd Oct) was when I woke up in morning between 6-8 am. At night time (on 3rd Oct) my speed was still low but when I woke up in the morning, my speed was back up to 2 Mbps.

So that COULD mean that for MTNL, their system increases speed at morning hours, the hours they think most people will commonly use internet and see benefit of the speed change. So that could mean that I still have to wait throughout this day to see if speed increase happens. If it doesn't, well fuck everything, back to shit speed we Indians are used to anyway. Maybe that's why Rahul Gandhi takes vacation so much, he gets better speeds for his Torrents in Italy.

Oh boy, this seems like the end to our glimmer of hope... Sucks really. Twas too good to be true.

6GB on a daily purpose seems absurd now, if we calculate it for a month its 180GB. None of the ISPs give that much of FUP for just 999 :cry:. 2mbps ULD plan will go down the drain if they provide such FUP limit for 999

Back