MTNL Triband 849 NU Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 27,813
I am glad you did that Skorpio1. I told you my Gf had the exact same problem, and she got the exact same solution as well!!!! ENJOY.But my speeds are still erratic. Even Http downloads are not giving a steady rate!!!

try using TCP Optimizer.

@pandusultanBut this was under the table stuff.I tried complaining many times in the past,but never workedCaught the local Linesman and paid him 200.He changed the whole wiring from the access box all shhhhhhhhhh affair,ut extremely fast .hardly 5 hours and the job was done

Sadly, thats the only way things can be done in india. i dont get angry about it anymore, I am just resigned to it!!! On another note, my speeds are still fluctuating wildly, a speedtest on the singapore server gives me results in between 350 kbps and 1700 kbps!!!!!! Completely randomly. I can see on BW meter, that it spikes up, then a break, then some more... and this has been happenning since last night. Any pointers anybody,or similar experiences

Hey exact same thing happening here :(
And its my first day of 2 mbps . They finally activated it.
Max i got today was 1700 and average is 300-500 now. Fluctuating every minute. So at least I know its not just me :D

i talked to the cc today they its gettin activated by 1st august!!

The cc aunties do not know anything. they told me the same thing and I got my 2 mbps today.
What you should do is talk to people in your exchange and keep harassing them. I called 6 different people in the exchange and Prabhadevi too yesterday and then they activated it this morning after changing it on the site last night.

Hey guys!Enjoying speeds and connectivity from MTNL. Currently using DSL_TRIB_200P right now. Im planning to switch over to 849NU from next month. There are a couple of problems I need to ask before I do this...1. The dreaded frequent disconnections problem. I have been browsing around a bit on this forum and have found that some of the guys have helped others through the 192.168.1.1 setup. I havn't gone is much details troubleshooting this yet and will do so in some time. I don't have "ADSL" option under Status (just to check my SNR) ... any ideas?2. Secondly, on the MTNL's webpage, while going through the tariff I see that the monthly charges is Rs. 849/- and an "Annual DSL Subscription Option" of Rs. 9300/-. What exactly is annual option?

You pay for the whole year at once and get a discount...Ofcourse if you go over the 1.25 GB limit in any month, you get charged for that in the monthly bill

Ah raleigh22, thanks for that info. I actually thought its something I might have to spent additional to 849/-Thanks for clearing that out. Its going to NU for sure now. I will also be looking to fix my frequent disconnection problems. After I do that, I will have my dream connection :yahoo:

Back