• Views Views 27,813
I think you have the wiring mixed up
AFAIK correct wiring is

[*]main line to splitter
[*]2 outputs of splitter
[*]One to telephone and other to router
[/list]I'm sure most routers just come with one line jack
Only ond dialup modems come with 2 jacks

sorry, i mixed them up while explaining.
it is exactly the same way as u said skorpio1.
the main line goes to the splitter. 2 outputs come out of the splitter.
one goes to the telephone whereas the other goes to the adsl router.
and i hadnt touched the wires before or after the upgrade.
but before the upgrade the line wud get disconnected but only sometimes.
whereas now each and everytime a phonecall is picked up, the net disconnects.
also, i was wondering why shud it even disconnect sometimes if the main line is going to the splitter first?
there r two boxes on the wall.
the line from the very first one, in order from the door, goes to the splitter (which im considering as the main line)
whereas the wire from the 2nd box is being fed from the split taking place alongwith the adsl line.
i hope the telephone and router arent in parallel.
again.......i havent touched/changed the wiring before or after the upgrade.
by adsl stats are:
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 22-31 12
Line Attenuation: 17 34
Data Rate: 2013 511

@pandusultan
Dude even for me the Singapore server shows slow speeds,Try MANAMA server in themideast
..........and as far as fluctuating speeds are concerned.Try rebooting the modem at night.The later u get......the higher your SNR margin..hence higher speeds.I
At midnight my SNR is 12..........at 01:48 my stats are
Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) 2047 511
SNR Margin (dB) 23.8 16.9
Attenuation (dB) 43.5 30.3
Output Power (dBm) 6.9 96.6

I'm On Bridge mode,coz its faster for torrents.
Rebooting scheduling via TST10 wont work for me.
Manual telneting will reboot the router,but scheduling just pops up a TST tutorial page when scheduled.

Am I doing something wrong?Will TST10 not work on Bridge?
I wanna use TST10 or an alternative to reboot hourly; if some one will help me out

what do you write in the "run" box of the scheduled tasks...???you need to write this::\tst10\TST10.exe /r:reboot.txtchnge the drive n folders as you have placed it...you must b writing it only upto TST10.exe hence you wer getting that...the reboot.txt file contains your rebooting telnet script.BTW Do you have that script ???

I finally got updated to 2013 Kbps yesterday 10th July and Im posting today after a night of good downloading (not exactly 2Mbps but then....its way better than 256).
My upgration struggle had continued from the 4th July till Saturday evening when I called up some Mr.Sawant (thanks to yohu123 for the nos.) and he asked me to call Mr.Shingane(who wud get it done) on Monday.
Throughout Monday Shingane wouldnt pick up the fcukin phone. Tuesday morning 11am finally he picked up and after telling him the story he said it wud be done in half an hour. 2.30 and still not done. Called him again and the third time he picked up....made me do a mtnl speed test....i got 230Kbps...he said "To fir mil raha hai naa accha speed "......I said its "0.2xx Mbps not 2Mbps"...He kept me on hold for a good 10 min and said "Ok ho jayega"....
And finally 10 min after that call i got updated. My current Stats are
D/L U/L
SNR 30 12
Att 20 41
Data 2013 260

I am having some flash problems with the speedtest.net site so couldnt post those stats.
With torrents, in NU time, I get peaks of 196KBps but it often fluctuates between 170-190.

P.S. Anyone having problems with 849NU not getting upgraded Please call these numbers as suggested earlier by many. Dont waste time calling the parthetic CC ppl.
Piyush Agarwal (DGM) - 24310645
Sawant - 9869011122
Singhadhe - 9869203193

Sanke can you please tell me the phone no. of the person who upgrades the speed? I'm an old user vishalj but have forgotten my password + the email add I used for it . :wall:Sorry susubh for this extra account.I just got updated... and I had asked my plan to be changed on the 25th of June. They even canceled my triband account (I kid you not) and I went without the internet for 3 days, sunday to tuesday. 20349 calls later they still have no clue that my plan needs to be changed. Finally done today but no speed increase. So Sanke!

@virtual_pirate
this is my script for UTStar 300r2u
192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "Login"
SEND "admin\m" (enter your login ID here)
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m" (enter your password here)
WAIT "->"
SEND "12\m"
WAIT "==>"
SEND "1\m"
WAIT "The system shell is being reset. Please wait..."

I put in C:\tst10\TST10.exe /r:reboot.txt
but still the ssame window popped up.No reboot

Help I need to get this reboot in place.
I'm synced at 2048kbps after about 1 am,
and I'm DL'ing a steady 1.8mbps on torrents

Hey Guys,I have applied for this connection and I have been told that the waiting period is 45 days. Yes , you have read right in this age of the internet MTNL says 45 days for a connection. What a joke.:yahoo: No wonder the govt. wants to get rid of these burdensome Psu's maybe their employees would perform if their jobs were not so secure. Privatisation does have its benefits. At least their service would'nt be so pathetic. No one even bothers to pick up their helpline number . Way to go MTNL :thumbsup:

@ skorpio...ok...even im using that router...try out this script...i use this one and it works perfectly fine...192.168.1.1 23WAIT "login"SEND "admin\m"WAIT "password"SEND "admin\m"WAIT "$"SEND "reboot\m"WAIT "$"delete the earlier "reboot.txt" and create a new one with the above script...and make sure you place it in "tst10" folder...try this out and lemme knw if it works...

Hi Sanke1 -- I have Moved from 590 to 849, Stats Showing on the ADSL router as followsSNR Margin 28 24 dBLine Attenuation 42 26 dBData Rate 2048-Down 256 - Upbut i am only getting 1.5 to 1.7 mbps speeds and i have never got 2 mbps speed ever in that last week.also there has been no change while downloading files from rapid share ,it still takes the same time and nowhere do i even get abt 400 kbps on link-removed

Item Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin 19 12 dB Line Attenuation 28 36 dB Data Rate 2013 511 kbps This is coz i moved from Trib_AA to 849NU! so it was synced at same speeds as earlier.my other line is stil at 256k! grr

Back