MTNL Triband 849 NU Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 27,813
Item Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin 21 25 dB Line Attenuation 32 16 dB Data Rate 2048 256 kbps @Torrents.....max i got is 200KBps & that too while downloading a heavily seeded Linux Distro.....& the speed is not constant it still fluctuates a lot.(* all ports r forwarded;Im using Bridge mode)@ link-removed i get maximum speeds......230KBps + stable.same while downloading Linux via ftp direct download from one of the many fast servers they provide.

so that means MTNL gives u the promised speed. if fault is there.. its on other side.

SNR Margin 28 14 dB Line Attenuation 30 41 dB Data Rate 2013 260 kbps they reduced my upload! argh!

im still having the disconnect prob guys.as soon as the phone is picked up to make/receive a call, within 5-10secs, my triband connection get disconnected.this happens every time.i never had this prob before the upgrade.but as soon as the upgrade was done on my adsl router (the actual upgrade and not the phony activation on the website) this prob began.i didnt change/touch the wiring in my house during the upgrade.also, i did notice, like many others, that the attenuation on the line jumped after the upgrademy attenuation now is 17-downstream and 34-upstream.although my snr margin has fluctuated sometimes after the upgrade, my attenuation has always remained constant to the above nos.cud this be causing the disconnection prob?i called the auto-complaint service and did lodge a complaint for my phone no. under broadband probs.soon enough i got a call from a mtnl babu and he told me that when i get another call soon from mtnl again, i should say "the line is ok" and in the meantime we will send u a guy to checkout ur line.as clock-work, another call did come and a mtnl auntie asked me whether the line was ok and i said ok.but no mtnl guy came to check my line!!! :wall:once again, mtnl strikes and made a fool out of me.i have lodged a complaint again and am desperately waiting for them to tell me to say ok again! :mad:

do you get disconnections due to the phone connected to the splitter or due to another parallel connection? if latter is the case, then make sure that the other phone is also connected after the splitter.if you are getting disconnections due to the phone connected to the splitter then the splitter might be faulty, try replacing it.

i dont have another parallel connection.its just one phone in the house....thats it.and why wud the splitter go faulty all of a sudden soon after the upgrade to 849NU??

is ur phone in another room? phone shud be attached to splitter too NOT just ADSL modem.

how wud the phone be attached to the adsl router?anywayz, the phone is in the same room as the router is.no changes were done in the wiring of my phone line before/after the upgrade.also i noticed something different in the splitter connections but i havent changed anything.on the top of the splitter, on the single input side is written 'PHONE' whereas on the opposite two input side is written 'ADSL' and 'LINE'.the main line from the only split in the wall goes to the LINE input of the splitter.the wire to the router comes from the ADSL input of the splitter.the phone line goes to the PHONE input of the splitter.when i read earlier on this thread that the main line shud goto the single input, even though the input says 'PHONE', i disconnected the router and tried switching the two wires between PHONE and LINE.but when i powered the router again, i noticed the ADSL light was off and in the ADSL Router Settings page, the snr margin, attenuation and data rate were all 0!!!so i had to switch them back.whats goin on guys? im really confused :huh:although i said earlier that i havent changed/touched anything in this wiring setup before/after the upgrade, i also said that i used to get disconnected before the upgrade too (when i was on dsl 590nu) but only sometimes.whereas now the disconnections happen each and everytime the phone is picked up.is this coz since the attenuation on the line has drastically increased, the probability of disconnections have jumped to 100% each time the phone is picked up?i dont get any disconnections otherwise (other than the regular 6hourly disconnections).plz help guys!!

the main line should go to the single input which is marked with "Phone".the modem should be connected to "ADSL" and the phone should be connected to "Line".this is the correct way in which you should be connecting. this is the reason for your disconnections.try it again and wait for the modem to connect. you might have checked the statistics when it was not connected because of which it was showing 0.

thats exactly the prob.when i do connect the main line to the single input marked "PHONE" and the telephone line to the other 2-inputs side, to the input marked "LINE", the router's ADSL light is off or actually doesnt turn on with the rest of the router's lights.i did the switch after turning the router off (by unplugging its power cord).and its after doing the switch and the router's adsl light going off as well as the remaining lights becoming steady (ie. router is now connected), then i checked the adsl settings page and noticed that all values were 0.so what happens in ur case, viralbug, when u wud switch the wires in the "incorrect" way, on ur splitter?coz how can the splitter have the LINE and ADSL inputs on the same side whereas that of the PHONE on the other?and does the adsl light of ur router go off too?also, i know that all the three sockets of the splitter r working fine coz i can surf the net and talk on the phone.but not at the same time.i hope i dont have a converger (ie. if something like this does exist) instead of a splitter.and finally, how do i confirm that the line coming out of the wall is actually the main line and not a 2nd or 3rd line?

Back