MTNL Triband 849 NU Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 27,813
hey just to add to my problems there is another one.
i use bitcomet for torrents its showin a yellow light sayin i m blocked and should check my firewall and NAT settings. i checked the firewall and the port no. is listed in the exceptions wht more should is to be done??
you havent been upgraded to 2 mbps as i said in the other thread.
you will have to forward ports in your router or use bridged mode.

the problem with portforwarding is that i tried it more than 5 times.the initial steps mentioned in portforwarding.com , i follow them properly but i always get stuck up at this page of 192.168.1.1:mad:In advanced setup->NAT->Virtual servers->add->NAT -- Virtual ServersSelect the service name, and enter the server IP address and click "Save/Apply" to forward IP packets for this service to the specified server. NOTE: The "Internal Port End" cannot be changed. It is the same as "External Port End" normally and will be the same as the "Internal Port Start" or "External Port End" if either one is modified.Remaining number of entries that can be configured: 32Server Name: Select a Service: Custom Server: Server IP Address: External Port Start External Port End Protocol Internal Port Start Internal Port Endwht to do here?? which should be the protocol tcp or udp or tcp/udp??

well like viralbug says,if u are getting stuck after repeated port fwding attempts,just move to a bridged connection,no need to port fwd thereand he is right Ur plan may be 849NU but the buggers at MTNL forgot to upgrade ur speed to 2mbps

i hv tried bridging connections but i get stuck up in the part 2 of the whole process. thescheduling is a problem for me!!

dont schedule rebooting for the time being just bridge firstYGPM

the dial up as the name is "MTNL(PPPOE)" works fine.. i do connect to the internet and i can see two pairs of comps. blinkin in the taskbar!! so thts not a problem that way !!

I got upgraded to 849 NU yesterday and speed seems to be pretty good. When downloading something from a website (adobe.com)... I got a speed of around 220 kbps. However last night... while downloading using Azureus, I had 3 active torrents and still the cumulative speed was just 50 kbps. Azureus was with its default settings... and when in 590NU, I used to get around 26 kbps download speed. Any idea what might be wrong?

no... i have not done port forwarding. Is it necessary to get the "full speed" in Azureus?

Back