MTNL Triband 849 NU Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 27,813
Guys there is something definitely wrong with 849NU and the promised 2mbps upgrade.For one thing my line dosen't support 2mbps :(Look at the attainable rate ...)
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 12.1 12.0
Attenuation (dB): 35.0 23.8
Output Power (dBm): -16.3 8.7
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 976 639
Rate (Kbps): 975 511

Second they change the plans and then keep us on 256kbps till we go insane trying to call them and visit the exchange

And then they misteriously took off the Rs249 plan after posting it in tariffs section for a week :o

@ Scorpio
hey SNR margin is kinda low for ur line

thats y the drop in speed

btw check out my SNR which is also very low now but connection and speed is stable

he again gatecrashed the exchange and got it changed!

this time i just foned themi requested them to gimme more upload speedthey had given me 1 mbps upstream but connection became unstable so 512 seems optimal

thanx for the mobile no. sanke1 but it didnt help.i called that guy and after keeping me on hold for around 10mins he said 'ho gaya hai'.i was in the office, so i called back home to confirm and it was still 256kbps in the adsl router settings.i called back and that guy said that he wasnt in the office anymore and gave me another no. which whenever i called either was engaged or busy.when the other mobile no. finally connected, another guy asked for my adsl no. again and told me it will be done in half an hr.after 40mins i called back and he said that 'de diya hai'.but i cudnt confirm this time anymore and had to wait to get back home and check it.still its damn 256kbps :wall:what the hell?this is really getting outta hand.and from what im reading on this forum...ppl r not evening getting 2mbps but 995kbps!!!this is mtnl bullshit man.the package has been activated on the site since 3rd but the connection hasnt been actually upgraded.dont say that u can give a plan when u cant provide it.now i really dont know what to do."mtnl hai to lag gayi hai"

@yohu123Just stay cool man...Ive phoned the 4th time on 1504 and have booked complaint/checked speed online/called up my xchange....etc etc...Atleast one of them complaints will get looked upon by the lethargic staff...Its just a matter of time now...How much time but?...Well my guess is as good as yours....

Just another victim of MTNL's wrath!!! I came home from pune expecting to zoom on my 2Mbps after they called to inform me that the plan had changed, but alas..... the router ADSL status page broke my heart.....

@ Scorpio
hey SNR margin is kinda low for ur line

thats y the drop in speed
Yeah I guess higher speed means lower SNR margin
Funny thing is on 256kbps my SNR (on the same line)was 30 and after the Upgrade to 2mbps it is now 12

I guess they synced me at 2048kbps at the DSLAM but my router after checking the line conditions has determined that the max attainable speed is half that speed.:wall:

Atleast it better than 256kbps

keep troubling them on 1540 ext 3

I think its more of a trouble for us to call 1504 ext3.
Those 3 day Jetking passouts dont even understand what a DSLAM is and what sync speeds are.
To them it is just the "MYSTERIOUS SERVER ROOM":yahoo:

Back