MTNL Triband Broadband Auto Re-Connect after 6 hours

• Thread starter Thread starter tutsipoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,066

tutsipoppy

ISP
MTNL - 256UL Combo
Hi,Well i'm sure it ahppens with you guys also that MTNL disconnects and then re-connects the internet connection after exactly 6 hours.Well it wouldnt bother me much in normal cases but when when im downloading really big files like over 3GB from a non-resumable host, this re-connecting stops my download and as you know the whole effort is wasted.So is there any way to counter this? Coz otherwise it will really limited the size of my download file.Im NOT using bridge mode. So is does this thing happens in that too?Thanks.

yes happens to all. u cant do anything abt it.but its strange that there are still servers hosting such a big file and that too without resume support.

I use bridged mode and generally download using Torrents. I never face this issue. But I have never downloaded a single 3GB file from a non-resumable server... so not sure... but its worth giving a try!

Can u check your session history and confirm me that MTNL hasnt re-conneted you after 6hrs(and that u have had a session of more than 6 hrs long). Coz if that so, then i can use bridge mode to solve my problem.

.@tutsipoppyDoes it happen at 0000 0600 1200 and 1800 ? or at different times for different users?Say, If I start surfing at 1427 PM will I get disconnected at 2027PM ? Does the IP address also change ?

bridgemode or pppoe mode... eventually its PPPoE session over ADSL and 6hr disconnect is by MTNL.torrents resume anyway from where it was stopped so u wont notice it.and yes if u start at 14:27 it will d/c at 20:27 and so if u have auto reconnect on disconnect set in settings then it will reconnect and u get new IP.

u cant do anything abt it but ask server owner to upgrade it. http and ftp protocols have resume support from atleast 10 yrs now, so that server must be installed way b4 that.

yes, it happens to all...and no matter what time u connect, it will disconnect exactly in 6:00:00 hrs...there's no (known) workaround for it yet...

Back