MTNL Triband Broadband Cant Access 502T Settings Page When In Wifi

• Thread starter Thread starter yohu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 28,360
@cyberwiz Please carry on. You have misunderstood the posting. I have already given up Yohu123 problem ! ( retired at Post 80 !) This is for info that programming pages seem to be accessible in PPPoE Mode. I am not trying in Bridge mode to report again. Trying different modems/ Wi-Fi routers and noting the differences add up to more confusion or knowledge or discussion !!

@essbebe: its good that u can access both the programming pages...have u got nat errors in this pppoe mode config?check by running a nat test in azureus or utorrent @cyberwiz: now u r giving me 2nd thoughts too regarding the hub :confused:i read about the hub on the wiki which led me to network switches (which i mentioned in my earlier post) as a better and more advanced option to hubs.but then again they r far advanced on the pocket too than hubs. ;)no, i cant borrow a hub from a friend coz none of my friends have ever heard of a wifi connection (leave alone setting up one)....just kiddin!:hysterical:i talked to another technical support agent from UK and he too said that neither the current firmware supports access to telnet from within the lan network, ability to turn off/on nat and a router scheduler to automate reboot.also there is no way to put forward this request for a new firmware release.all he did was gimme a voice based technical support no. in india.i guess, i can call the guys here in india and shout out for a new firmware release.unless u (cyberwiz) :thumb:....can confirm/convince me otherwise that the hub configuration WILL resolve NAT errors on the PC.thanx everyone (especially to cyberwiz, essbebe and viralbug) on trying to help me resolve this prob.

yohu..its difficult to troubleshoot if u dont have access to the devices..now its only in my mind that i am trying to add up a hub in ur scenario..so naturally my thoughts can vary..i never advise anything unless i am 200% sure..a doubt crept up in my mind regarding this setup hence i thought it better to advise u against it..this hub thingy actually needs to be setup to see it if is goin to work..so its up to u..

@ Yohu123 Sorry . I don't waste time in computer for playing games, and downloading movies/music etc.
I have these resources .
A computer/ basic knowledge to operate it/ do routine maintenance/reboot if computer crashes/ protect against viruses/malware./ Know how to google/Yahoo search /send receive email/ talk on Skype/ chat on YM/ view send webcam pics,
keep my BB connection going/post info here, try to learn and help, rather than teach, an interest in the subject.
In a forum you get a variety of people some asking questions, attempting solutions, or simply read the postings.
There is always need for elementary teachers, and I am one of them !!

My last Post in this thread : HyperWRT - Home Page
out at 94 not at 99 like Sachin !

@cyberwiz: i was finally able to borrow a D-Link des-1008d ethernet switch from office and set up my home wifi network like so:-ADSL 502T Modem:local ip: 192.168.1.1pppoe modedhcp server and firewall off.connected from its ethernet port to a lan port of the switchports forwarded for azureus WRT54GC Wireless Router:local ip: 192.168.1.2auto config-dhcpdhcp server and firewall offconnected from one of its lan ports to a lan port of the switchports forwarded for azureus and utorrent and pc is connected from its ethernet port to a lan port of the switch.net connectivity is working fine and i can access the settings page of both the devices but still the damn nat errors occur on both azureus and utorrent.i even connected the wifi router using its Internet (instead of lan) port to the switch but in this scenario the only difference was that i cudnt access the routers settings page anymore but the nat errors continued.this switch/hub setup was my only hope.now what??? :wall: EDIT: no one has answered so i guess its no use using this hub and i anywayz have to return the switch tomorrow in the office.so its back to bridged mode then and manual rebooting (unplug and replug) of the adsl modem unitl Linksys release a practical firmware that focusses more on features than on fixes.

hmm..there are certain differences between a hub and a switch..anyways its good that u tried it out before buying ..thats exactly what i suggested..

but if the nat errors still persisted after using the switch, the same wud have happened if i wud have used a hub, right?i mean, r u saying that maybe with a hub i might have not got any nat errors in the wifi network?

thanx essbebe, but those links wont help me coz i dont want to telnet the adsl modemi want to telnet the wifi router.anywayz, i contacted the voice based toll free techincal support of india and the guy tried to help me but he too cudnt provide telnet access to the routerhe also said that telnet has never been tried before on the wrt54gc router and also told me the obvious that on this router there is no way to turn off nat and also there is no customized firmware.now he also told me that he will forward my case to the "Linksys lab" so that they can experiment this scenario with this specific router.he took down my email addr and told me to call back tomorrow.i dont know if this was a "talla" but i took down his name, badge id and the case no. of my call.so maybe i still have a chance to solve my prob? :rolleyes:coz linksys cant be stupid enough to not implement telnet nor the capability to turn off/on nat on this router but to provide the same features on previous models of routers.i hope the "experiment" turns out positive in someway ie.either they found a way to provide telnet access to the router or they will be releasing a new firmware (hopefully soon) with this feature.

Back