MTNL Triband Broadband Cant Access 502T Settings Page When In Wifi

• Thread starter Thread starter yohu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 28,360
EDIT:
why dont i have net connectivity when the modem is connected to the 1st lan port of the router in bridged mode and the router is connected in pppoe mode while the pc is connected to the 2nd lan port of the router. in this mode, i have access to both the settings page and i can connect to the pc using a pppoe dialer but my wifi is now off. the same setup will work if i connect the modem to the Internet port of the router but then i lose access to the adsl modems settings page. :wall:

coz when D-Link modem is in bridge mode..for net to work it must be connected to the WAN/interent port of router..and not the LAN ports..if its connected to LAN port then it (dlink modem) must be in PPPoE mode to do the login coz the Linksys router would merely be acting as a switch.

@ essbebe this is a quote from the guide u have posted written by sanjaygoel..the guide simply mentions the same thing i have been saying all along

"So 192.168.1.1 now points to your wireless router and you will not be able to access the modem's admin screen any more.
Also in case, you have done port forwarding or created any virtual hosts or any such stuff on your modem, you will need to do them in the wireless router now."

^ thats clearly the prob with yohu's setup..

also, essbebe as per ur picture..the modem seems to be in PPPoE mode coz the router is showing it as gateway on the internet side..wat mode is the router in ?

@cyberwiz . Sorry
As long as the info is accurate/reliable/workable , I refer the posting I surfed/read. recently. .
Sorry. Usually, nobody has the patience to read all the link/s references posted, and start again ( most of which I too don't understand! and switching from bsnl to mtnl to airtel forums I loose track !)
If I have repeated what you have already said, it is my fault. Sometimes it happens.
Main idea is to solve the problem. Let us hope Yohu123 posts positively now. !!!!
Don't ask for "Nadimoolam and Rishimoolam " meaning don't ask source of a river or of a rishi/old sage !!!
Para two :
http://i22.tinypic.com/24yv6f5.jpg
( again for easy reference)
Beetel220Bx always on mode : WAN PPP over ethernet PPPoE
enable wan service yes
DHCP server enabled. etc

SMC Wireless router always on. .
SMC: wan Dynamic IP selected. ( Not PPPoE)
lan Ip 192.168.2.1 DHCP enabled
Ip address Pool 192.168.2.100 to 192.168.2.199
NAT: no entries

@essbebe: plz check ur msgs...ive pm-ed u. @cyberwiz: i understood regarding why bridged mode of the modem didnt work when connected in the lan port of the router.but my (only) hopes now lie with the adsl 502t modem.is there a way to provide access to the modems settings thru telnet, when it is in bridged mode?i have tried thru remote management but maybe i aint doin it right....i gave the static ip of my PC to the remote management ip, after enabling it but when the modem is in bridged mode, still no access thru telnet.and finally, is there a way to customize the 502t modems firware so as to enable a scheduler?coz even if the modem is in bridged mode and i dont have access to its settings, the scheduler will kick in at the right time and reboot the modem thereby refreshing/restarting the MTNL Triband session.

Para two :
http://i22.tinypic.com/24yv6f5.jpg
( again for easy reference)
Beetel220Bx always on mode : WAN PPP over ethernet PPPoE
enable wan service yes
DHCP server enabled. etc

SMC Wireless router always on. .
SMC: wan Dynamic IP selected. ( Not PPPoE)
lan Ip 192.168.2.1 DHCP enabled
Ip address Pool 192.168.2.100 to 192.168.2.199
NAT: no entries

Yeah so i was right..u're using modem in PPPoE mode and wi-fi router as switch..with such a setup obviously u can access config pages of both modem and router..yohu has also used this setup and he can access the internet and the config pages perfectly well..but the prob is that he gets NAT errors coz the router and modem both are natting...maybe u are not using an application which requires specific incoming ports or maybe ur router allows u to turn NAT off which is why u dont have the prob yohu has..i have already mentioned that there are many brands which allow the router to be used a a switch by turning NAT off..and many that dont..perhaps ur router is one that allows NAT to be turned off but yohu's router doesnt have this feature

is there a way to provide access to the modems settings thru telnet, when it is in bridged mode?

U should be able to reboot router via telnet even when in bridge mode from the LAN..but from WAN when router is in bridge mode..idont think enabling remote management will allow u to access the modem's pages..

and finally, is there a way to customize the 502t modems firware so as to enable a scheduler?
coz even if the modem is in bridged mode and i dont have access to its settings, the scheduler will kick in at the right time and reboot the modem thereby refreshing/restarting the MTNL Triband session.
There is no customised firmware available for DSL502T..providing features that u want

@cyberwiz. I am using Beetel for both Dataone and Airtel. + SMC as usual.
I think i have programmed PF for udp5198/5199 and port 5200 for a program called Echo link. will check up and update later.

1420 Update: No program entered. either in modem or router.

@yohu123 In my present setup
1. Let me know which program is to be entered in
In the beetel modem or SMC router and ISP Airtel or Dataone.
which is to be done PF. NAT business.
beetel
When a service is selected automatically all columns filled up.
check SSH in yours.

2. I will cross the "bridge" later. in Beetel
after getting ready Smart Ax Mt 882 modem for Dataone.

U should be able to reboot router via telnet even when in bridge mode from the LAN
u mean, if the modem is connected to the LAN port of the router (or adsl modem) OR from within the LAN network i have setup at home, that i can provide access to the router through telnet?

but from WAN when router is in bridge mode..idont think enabling remote management will allow u to access the modem's pages..
by WAN do u mean outside the wifi network i have setup at home (like from the office) or if the modem is connected to the Internet/WAN port of the router, that i wont be able to access the routers (or adsl modems) settings?

@essbebe: what r u trying to setup?
r u trying to see if u can provide access to ur routers settings thru telnet?

LAN means the local area network that u have at home..with modem connected to LAN portWAN means the internet..BTW i cant really comprehend how remote management can help u to come out of ur predicament

hmm, i now connected the adsl modem in bridged mode, dhcp off, local ip is 192.168.1.1the wifi router is connected in pppoe mode, dhcp on, local ip 192.168.2.1PCs lan ip is 192.168.2.xxx and its default gateway is 192.168.2.1net is working fine but i still cant access either the adsl modems or the wifi routers settings thru telnet.i even changed the PCs ip to 192.168.1.x and gateway to 192.168.1.1 but still cudnt access either of the settings thru telnet.so my question is simple...how do i provide access to the adsl modems settings thru telnet when it is connected in bridged mode (in the Internet port of the wifi router)?all i need is this access and im done.

^ thats not possible..once its connected to internet WAN port ..ADSL modem cannot be accessed..no telnet ..no config..nothing u can access telnet only if modem settings page is accessible..

essbebe...u r genius!
it finally worked...i can now access both, the 502t modems and the Linksys wireless routers configuration pages.
infact, now i can even use telnet to access the modem since that will be the one dialing out.
for others who r trying to setup a wifi network using their mtnl triband modem and package, i have the following configuration:
DSL 502T:
PPPoe Mode (Username and Password).
Local IP: 192.168.1.1
DHCP On
The modem is connected to the Internet port of the router.

Wireless Router:
Automatic Configure DHCP
Local IP: 192.168.2.1
DHCP Off
The router connects to the PC using the Ethernet ports.

thanx to everyone who helped me!

Posting No 17. by you. go back to base!
connect modem to INTERNET PORT of the router.
Then tell what you want to do next .
a) unable to a)access modem b) router c) both in above set up.
b) want to telnet modem
c) want to Portforward etc.

Back