MTNL Triband Broadband download speeds.. :(

• Thread starter Thread starter santu_29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,821
^^ disconnect and reconnect after every download.

thanx and also tell me how much u DL every night from torrentsi use Utorrents and not able to DL more than 1GB speed is not stable at all and it gets terrible after few hr of DL i use registered trackersin explorer its okDL speed comes down to the upload speed after few hrhelp me:wall::wall::wall::(:(:wall::(

"can this be possible that mtnl has restricted bandwidth to specific site like link-removed"acTUALLY RS is experiencing some hardware problems, they cleaned out acc of many users who had uploads of 20 GB +So ...maybe it coz of thatThough I'm gettin fine speeds here.

This is with regard to Download Speeds and my Problems with MTNL Triband Broadband. I would like to say to "essbebe" who asked me to clean up my Computer !! That there is nothing wrong with my Computer at all -- in fact it has been cleaned off all possible Trojans, Hijacker Dialers, Spyware etc just a week back by a Software Engineer who maintains my Computer. Besides, I constantly update my Anti- Virus Protection every day as well as Spybot whenever the updates are available. I also scan regularly. I am currently getting a download speed of 25.9 KB/Sec from File Factory, while downloading a file. It is not link-removed by the way. So, it does not matter where i download from my speed never reaches beyond 26.0 KB/Sec. By the way, My Line from MTNL is swamped with new connections/Clients otherwise called node that is the biggest cause of the problem. I have got experts who have told me to either ask MTNL to change the line, or change your plan or just change your provider period to get better speeds. Many in my neighborhood are getting very low speeds from MTNL no matter where they download from. Regards to all at this Forum.

@gabriel36Glad to note that you have a software engineer who "cleaned up" your system. only last week.You have the complaint for 5 months, and posted your problem here.with "NO BENEFIT".Sorry to learn that Your "Software Engineer" could not solve the problem. and it is all MTNL fault. Sorry, I could not help, with my posting no 7 , and no 3 which were irrelevant in this case.

@gabriel36

Glad to note that you have a software engineer who "cleaned up" your system. only last week.

You have the complaint for 5 months, and posted your problem here.with "NO BENEFIT".

Sorry to learn that Your "Software Engineer" could not solve the problem. and it is all MTNL fault.

Sorry, I could not help, with my posting no 7 , and no 3 which were irrelevant in this case.

Dear essbebe,

Greetings. I failed to make it clear that my Computer for the last 6 Months has never had any Viruses or Trojans or anything else malicious.

I also failed to make it clear that this Software Engineer cleans up my P.C. if there is a need to clean the P.C. once every 3 weeks or 4 weeks.

I just gave you one example of many.

And, Yes, it is a big Problem resulting from MTNL, as there is nothing malicious in my P.C. and there never has been.

They -- MTNL on their part have done nothing at all to rectify any of my problems despite the fact that i have sent emails and Letters to them.

Let's hope things get better.

Regards,

@GABRIEL36: What is the "downstream" mentioned in your router home page?

@GABRIEL36: What is the "downstream" mentioned in your router home page?

Hullo !! Venkz.

I have no idea about my downstream as my Router Home Page constantly asks me for my Username and Password.

I just don't know what my username and password is for the "Router Home Page". I am not a Techie by any stretch of the imagination.

I only know that i am entitled to 2 Mbps and i have plan DSL 2399 which is proving to be very expensive for me.

I am constantly getting speeds of less than 50 KBS/Sec since June till now.

When I started on the plan in January 2007 till Early June 2007 i was getting fantastic speeds upto 220 KBS/Sec -- the lowest being 100 or 130 KBS/Sec.

This Nonsense and the dropping speeds started only from the end of June.

When, i went to my local exchange one MTNL Engineer told me to my face that it is a Line Problem and it will take months to fix, but nothing has happened yet that is even remotely positive.

Others at the Exchange are not even concerned.

Can u Help me in any Way ?? I constantly scan my PC every day for Viruses, Spyware, Trojans, Hijacker Dialers, etc but nothing is coming up that is even remotely malicious.

If nothing positive happens soon, i will be forced to change my plan or provider as i cannot afford these Bills from MTNL !!!!

Regards,

@gabriel36 what is the modem make you have ?
Open IE Type 192.168.1.1 ID admin Password admin
Just check DSL status.
Test speed here .Website address in the screen shot.

Back