MTNL Triband Broadband download speeds.. :(

• Thread starter Thread starter santu_29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,821
@gabriel36 what is the modem make you have ?
Open IE Type 192.168.1.1 ID admin Password admin
Just check DSL status.

Dear Essbebe and Venkz,

I have been able to get some information for you all, hopefully you all can help me.

This does not make sense to me at all.

"JUST CHECK THIS OUT". It Drove me nuts when i saw it.

I have DSL Plan 2399 which entitles me and used to give me a speed of 512 Kbps from January 2007 - Early June 2007.

But, when i checked the Details on the Router Page --- it seems definitely that from June -- The MTNL Technicians or whoever have reduced my speed without my consent and permission.

"Now my Great Grand Father did not ask MTNL to reduce it from 512 to 256 -- why have they done it worse still no response from them. Till the end of May 2007 and till the 26th of June 2007 more importantly everything was fine and i was getting good speeds -- this is utter nonsense that i am facing.

Here are some Details for you.

"UT- 300R2U ADSL MODEM"
This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

DSL 2399 512Kbps/upto 2Mbps

Regards and we have individuals who are after Tata Indicom -- I wish someone would take up my case with MTNL as they have not only reduced my speed but overcharged me at least twice and i have also been suffering from "Terrible Downtime" since June till now.

@gabriel36
Now is the time to change over to another tariff w.e.f 1st dec 2007.
Select the plan suitable to you, and if you want NU.
send an email to [email protected]

Say you are in DSl2399 and will like to change over to tariff plan xxxx w.e. f 1st dec 2007.
Also check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test mumbai server
The download speed will vary depending on traffic /time etc.

@gabriel36

Say you are in DSl2399 and will like to change over to tariff plan xxxx w.e. f 1st dec 2007.

Also check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test mumbai server

@gabriel36

Dear essbebe,

Many Thanks for your feedback. But, I am quite sure i have just “Had It With MTNL Broadband Triband”. I cannot stand them anymore and their useless plans of which I have had horrendous experiences with two of them in 2006 and 2007.

Prior, to having this Plan DSL 2399 in 2007, in 2006 I had plan DSL 249 which allows you a Monthly Free Download of 400 MB and you won't believe it there too there were numerous problems.

That was my First Triband Plan way back in 2006. My Modem had to be replaced and MTNL acknowledged that the Modem that they had given me at that time was a faulty one after much Pressure and Correspondence with "High and Middle Level MTNL Officials" of my Exchange.

My Connection on that plan used to constantly go off and on --- on a weekly as well as sometimes daily basis.

I believe the time has come for me to change my provider to Tata BB "No Matter what people say about Tata" as i have had "Catastrophic and Horrendous" experiences with MTNL so far.

You had asked me in this earlier message to change my tariff and plan ---- what prevents the same nonsense from happening again -- the fact being it has happened already with two plans.

I would rather go with Infinity 512 from Tata or a 2Mbps Connection that some individuals like Sandy84 from Pune have.

I just need to get in touch with them and the right individuals to help me out.

MTNL has been a waste of time and immense expenditure for me specially given the fact that on an average since January 2007 i was and i am paying 3000/Month and sometimes even up to 4000 or 5000/month depending on my usage.

It was worth it at that time because of the excellent speeds, but if they are taking their sweet time in fixing my problems i do not have the money to spend on yet another plan and waste some more money.

After, all there is "No Guarantee" that another plan will work well with me with 2 plans having failed already.

I hope you will understand my point of view.

BTW, this should be interesting for you whenever i used to go to a friend's place till recently and download link-removed Files using his Tata BB i used to get a speed of 214-220 KBS/Sec as a "Free User" as compared to the crap i have been getting from MTNL -- a maximum speed of 26 or 27 KBS/sec when downloading from link-removed.

This friend has been telling me for some time to download the files from link-removed using Tata BB and compare it to the Speed of MTNL and he said you will see "A Massive Difference".

Regards and Hope someone comes to my rescue as regards my search for a new Provider and a Good Plan.

P.S. -- Ravi 8822 had posted speeds he used to get from Tata BB whenever downloading from link-removed and they were awesome in my humble opinion.

You should read Friday the 16th of November Edition of the "Times of India" where there is a fairly large sized article about MTNL and that they have logged 32 Lakh Complaints including many Broadband Complaints mostly because they have failed to upgrade their infrastructure.

This is the "Times of India" Mumbai Edition.

https://broadband.forum/tata-indicom-broadband/11196-tata-indicom-link-removed-download-speed-pune/

@gabriel36The choice is yours.Still I will retain MTNL with a lower tariff as standby. Wait for a day or two for so called new plans from Airtel. I am using BSNL Dataone , and also Airtel.( No compalints about both ISP's, and as far as CC is concerned Airtel is tops.( I have yet to meet anybody. everything done on email or phone or netexpert)BSNL a personal visit to the exchange helpsCost wise BSNL and MTNL are the choice for aam janatha like me, for SAME service offered by other ISP's.

Back