• Thread starter Thread starter abtom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 6,965
@abtom
First night 4.7 GB,thats not bad considering what you used to get

UL speed= 6kbps
DL speed= 0 (unlimited)
Well, the speeds max out around 4am till 6 am.
At that time if you get up and check DU meter shows extended periods of 2.5mbps and above,
its just at that particular screen shot moment they were 1.7.............
but its pretty stable as the DU meter in the screen shot will show

I have set 25 max DL's,just make sure that you don't have torrents with 100+seeds,
coz that hogs too many half open TCP ports
AND DECREASES SPEEDS !!!!!!!!!!

I use uTraitor AND Gtor to help with my ratios.But you gotta be smart and not overdo it ,
coz some torrent sites check up your UL figures and if its too hard to believe,
U'll get banned !!!!!

Just remember individual torrents speed will vary,having more simply means
some other Torrent will utilize the pipeline once there is enough free bandwidth available..........
17 is NOT a golden figure.
Some super seeders on extremedesi,etc can provide 157kbps for a single torrent....
Just 2 extra torrents will also do in that case

another trick is to check which torent is superseeded and pause the ones that aren't as fast
........till the super seeder has fully DL

Thanks bhai Skorpio,but 2.5mbps ,not in delhi.6kBps UL is too less,i set it to 20kBps.And DL-250kBps.And gtorr sometimes shows DL-0mb,UL-0mb,modified UL-0mb.this happens with the torrentbytes tracker,and the next moment it changes.does it happen when u uplod 4 long?

Typo........UL=6kbps and DL=0....other way around is suicide :pGtor just takes your UL and DL figures and when it talks to the tracker it just multiplies the UL figures by any factor that you set,I use *30 factorand if its 0=DL=UL=Modified UL,,,,,,,,probably the tracker is down and nothing has been upped or DL'edWhat speeds so u get on Vodafone EDGE???????????I have the same but all i can get is a connection at 115kbps but actual speed of 1kbps :(

but i set my UL speed to 20kBps and DL speed to 250kBps.shud i set my DL speed to 0kBps(Unlimited).some people say that setiing DL speed to 0kBps may hurt DL speeds.and is 20kBps UL speed ok?

I prefer to give the DL's max bandwidth.....Many guys think that if the UL is low then the ratio on trackers is affected and this affects your speed.Personally with my ratio cheats I have No problemsBut its ur game,try out a few combinations and see what works out best for u

my ratio also cheats,can i also set mu UL speed to 6kBps?

if everyone starts doing that, u'll end up with no live torrents...they'll die as soon as they're released...the essence of bit torrent is "sharing is caring"...if u don't share, the whole logic would fail...so just as a downloader (like everyone else) i'd suggest that don't cheat the trackers and at least have a ratio of 1 on the torrents...

but we cant keep our ratio 1.at least i.i got superseeded torr.s like with 3peers and 41seeders so seeding cant be done.BTW i give 20kBps UL rate.

hey skorpio dude!Start being a responsible leecher.Just look at your share ratio!It's pathetic.SEED SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!

RELAX boys,Easy on the CAPS !
everyone here is responsible.there is no need for moral policing
some trackers have higher seeders and its virtually impossible to get a ratio of 1,just like Abtom states when u have more superseeders than leechers.

check out my screenshot in post #18 here,
Wherever its required I have been seeding and online for one torrent since 04/09/2007 till date(I've removed a 1MB chunk out of 401MB just to help leechers............the other torrents just dont need me,so there is no point in force feeding them

besides I'm on trackers like link-removed and bwtorrents and even you know how strictly they monitor ratios and UL's
so please easy on the gyan,dudes
this is afterall a public forum and If we are smart enough to be here,we are smart enough to know how to leech responsibly.:rofl:

besides dont most torent sites share data thats illegal to share via other means like FTP or HTTP?
What about the legality of cheating and DL'ing those releses via Torrents?:redface:

Back