MTNL Mumbai MTNL Worst Isp Slow video buffering 20 KBbs

ISP
Throttled MTNL
I being mtn user since last 5 years...

if u test speed on
TestMySpeed.com modem speed tests. Test internet connection speed. Bandwidth speed test Cable DSL

2dh9nk6.jpg

So to be honest mtnl is selling you guys 0.25 Mbps speed in name of 2 Mbps Fraud.

testmyspeed.com is uk speed test service

Thats my speed in day :xD speed test shows ok
but when u open any site specially usa expect 0.11 mbps loading speed only....
any download u do 20 kB/s

ty god private torrent gives 219 KB/s speed

I am using google dns 8.8.8.8 so thats not issue it;s from mtnl side

Due to firewall and throttling by mtnl

dailymotion video won;t play anything without buffering.
youtube plays fine after refreshing twice.

forget firedrive or any other site that steams movies. mtnl user cann;t stream it.

i am sure am not alone .
Are all mtnl users suffering same ? or mtnl doing this purposely so we buy 8 mbs and up plans...

i remember there were days when putlocker movie would play smoothly..all this shit started when mtnl started to block in the name of DOT

And suddenly with magic after 7:00 pm all starts to work ok ..
next day same problem during day time.

is any of u able to play dailymotion video without buffering ? during day time ? and on 2 mbps speed ?

Last edited:
i did another speed test on speakeasy.net/speedtest

-- dead tinypic image removed --

now i don;t recommend Mtnl to any family members or freinds. in fact i am so bored i am thinking to change isp.

On an 8mbps plan. Getting around 6-6.5mbps to the SpeakEasy server in NY.
All, the sites you've mentioned are working fine, as they're supposed to.

They are multiple reasons for you facing issues, and I'm sure throttling by MTNL isn't one of them. It could simply by local gateway overloading. Have you tried complaining to pgportal.gov.in or to MTNL in general?

What are your line stats?

If you've got decent cable internet in your area, you might want to switch to that.

mtnl is not doing any throttling or firewalling any stuff. the issue has to be your configuration or line etc
jVpUrXZ.png

@ d5aqoëp
lol maja maa ... sanke has new name ?

my line stats are fine.... like i said they want u to move to 8 mbps and up... hence they pinching us the ppls on 2 mbs ..

i got new wire installed just 2 week ago

and nope i haven't contacted my exchange.. i am sure babus at my end won't understand.
i tried 1504 then lady called and said "Is phone on .. i said phone is on broadand speed issue"
aunty hung up lool it was hardly 5 sec convo

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: looks interesting ..... i will give it a try

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Last edited:
and nope i haven't contacted my exchange.. i am sure babus at my end won't understand.
i tried 1504 then lady called and said "Is phone on .. i said phone is on broadand speed issue"
aunty hung up lool it was hardly 5 sec convo

Okay so the first thing to do is call the right number to register a complaint.
Dial 198 and register a complaint. Its a IVR so when you reach the broadband complaint part you would have 3 choices, something like
1. ADSL light flickering or not glowing
2. Frequent Disconnection
3. Page not opening or not loading.

I would say choose the 3rd and register a complaint, you will be given a number with a complaint id. Within few hours they will call you back asking if its fixed, at that time you can tell them your problem of not getting the full speed that you are expecting.

Or register a complaint online. ( from complaint page )

Thats the MTNL complaint thing now about your problem, since you are getting 200+ download speed you cannot actually say you are getting low speed. Try some of these solutions
1. Switch from google dns to open dns. I was on google dns from the time Google DNS was introduced until Oct'14. I was facing a lot of issues so now switched to Open DNS.
2. Try some other fresh ( cached cleared ) browser and check if video streaming is still ridiculous.
3. If you know how to reconfigure your modem/router, reset it and reconfigure it.

I am having the same issue since last week for video buffering. However, today since morning, the network has been worse from bad. Pages not opening and too many Request Time Outs when pinging to any server.

Anyone else having this issue?

today internet is bad, i'm on 2mbps unlimited. I check my modem stats and everything is connected... no crc errors. so something is wrong with the mtnl server.

Back