MTNL's Bad routing Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter ajex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,806

ajex

ISP
MTNL
i wanted to post this thread since long ..but was always hoping that it will be fixed soon .. now its almost 5-6 months and my online gaming is completely ruined :( ....

the european servers which used to give me a decent ping of 180-190 a few months back are now always near the 400ms mark ... here is the tracert for a FEAR multiplayer server "MRSA" based in germany ...

as u can see on the 7th hop the packets are routed to LA then washington ... Frankfurt..then they come back to europe :( ... :@
i have complained about it to the customer care and they dont give a damn unless ur internet stops working :(

is there no way out of this mess :O ?? ... any help will be great .. really dunno what to do :huh: :S

Regards,
ajex

there is no solution to this problem..routing is done by MTNL and the upstream bandwidth provider..the consumer has no say in it..

you cant really do much. try indian servers. dunno if you will get a lot of players though.

saaad :(... there are no indian servers for FEAR ..n when i host mine ... then others get bad ping and make the server laggy :cry:

Wow, your ping seems to be doing a world tour mate... :rofl:

Hi, If a request to a server which is hosted outside India,MTNL just forwards the request to the international gateway and does not have any control over the delay which occurs away from its gateway.You may contact the Internet section of MTNL who may escalate the complaint to the international bandwidth provider.

Too FunnY! I don't expect even the gms to know what latency rate is. Nothing MTNL can or will do. and the pings are not as terrible for any ISP to take any action. Here's the trace from tata connection Tracing route to mrsa-clan.4npserver.de [62.104.178.182]over a maximum of 30 hops:1

Back