My computer is infected with some kind of virus. Need help

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,738
use adware to cleanup ur computer. then in chrome settings go to url redirect and home page there delete the page ur being redirected to. no worries this is a common url ad virus thingy. pretty easy to clean up by using adware and restoring chrome to default settings

Download malwarebytes and scan you computer. You will get 7 day premium trial.

i am waiting for his message that his computer was not even infected. He was loading the malware sites manually.

also in most cases, the spyware usually changes the url of the chrome shortcut adding the link at the very end. so no matter what you do, as long as you click that link to start chrome, it would load that crappy url. so you need to get rid of that shortcut. though if the malware still exists, it would continue to change the chrome url on the computer. i have faced this shit on my own computer and it was hellish to get rid of it.

i would start by resetting chrome.

chrome://settings/search#reset%20settings

Did you install any shady search engine like HoHoSearch?

You can check "Services" in Task Manager. Click on PID and arrange it in descending order. Then check the details of any strange service name by right clicking on it and see if its installed in C drive or in Program Files.

Files which are installed in system32 will be consuming lot of CPU but are not malware.

You can remove any suspicious file which is running with high PID by going to the specific folder. Then open each of your browsers one by one and remove the malware by re-setting that browser.

Hope it helps.

this could also be the case of dns hijacking at router level and not your computer being affected. many of D-Link routers have this problem if you do not change the default password.

Me too facing some problem in in control panel I see some apps that are malware that are redirecting me to ads and there's are not uninstalling but main thing is I am not getting on fb,YouTube, Google search, twitter. Please help me.

Back