My connection keeps dropping

• Thread starter Thread starter svd999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,189

svd999

ISP
BSNL
Hi..My internet connection keeps dropping for every 15 minutes when I am playing online games like Counter Strike etc.,. I am using UL900 plan. I have to then launch IE or Firefox and open a site, then the connection starts working again but this trick works only a few times before connection stops working entirely. Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to prevent it.

Are you dialling from your PC or from your modem?Look for an "idle timeout" kind of setting, in my modem it's "always on" vs. "start on data", the "start on data" has a 20 min timeout where it disconnects so I use "always on".If it's PC dialling, there will be an option to disconnect after some time which you should uncheck.

Hi..I am using a Broadband Unlimited 900 plan which comes with an ADSL modem and it is always on. I connect using the default Windows XP broadband dialer. In the 'idle time before hanging up' options I've chosen 'never'. But the problem seems to persist.

hmmm, i wonder if BSNL is checking for data inactivity and dropping connections from their side...i cant think of anything else except this stopgap measure to prevent annoyance while playing counterstrike:before you start the game open a command prompt window and type "ping -t bsnl.in"this will continuously keep pinging the site (bsnl.in or whatever you choose) so that there is no idle time :)

Back