MY email to Airtel

the question. what exactly changes? ISPs can still offer slower plans as long as they are not branded broadband right? it does not really do anything for the end user if the ISP decides to label all their plans non-broadband :P

the question. what exactly changes?

ISPs can still offer slower plans as long as they are not branded broadband right?

it does not really do anything for the end user if the ISP decides to label all their plans non-broadband :P

Yeah pretty much. I think you're borrowing this from some threads I was writing in about this time last month ;)

This is why I want to change the way the pissing competition is working - other ISPs can worry about being cheapest and FUPs and minimum speeds as per the TRAI, and I'll worry about being fastest, because if the competition changes (effectively) from "what is the minimum we should provide" to "how fast can it go", then no longer do customers or ISPs have to worry about "minimum speed as mandated by the TRAI", we can just worry about making it faster, the way you want it (paying for data at a reasonable price).

This is partially also why I was somewhat surprised that your Airtel guy said our model won't work - he probably couldn't say how or why he thinks it won't work. After all, it's employed in plenty of other countries around the world and it's working perfectly well, thank you very much... I imagine it just doesn't give 1000% profit margins though.

All I can say is... "Challenge Accepted".

well he is the head of their customer care team. pretty sure he does not know about the technicalities of pricing of bandwidth in india. tried hard to explain him the basics. he would just keep ranting about how our services are the best in the market and how you have to pay a premium to get higher speeds and bandwidth.

well he is the head of their customer care team. pretty sure he does not know about the technicalities of pricing of bandwidth in india. tried hard to explain him the basics. he would just keep ranting about how our services are the best in the market and how you have to pay a premium to get higher speeds and bandwidth.

I'm sure he doesn't know any of the technicalities, but that gives him even less authority to discount a model they've not tried (except where they're charging huge premiums on it), but more importantly that does work elsewhere (otherwise cablevision and virgin media and j-com and telecom nz and optus and so on would be bankrupt).

From this side it looks like he's relying on the customer's common misconception that it costs 10x more to deliver 1GB at 10mbit/s as opposed to 1mbit/s. Surely as part of his job he would occasionally have to do his homework and see what's going on outside of India as well to try and figure out where they're going wrong.

Besides, Bharti is a big organization with lots of presence overseas, and they all like comparing themselves to the USA and UK and so on (India's starting price for Broadband is CHEAPER YAAAY WE RULE!!!111). Yes they might currently be best in India but is that really good enough? Just because it's fine in India, doesn't mean it's as good as it can be - there's a reason Tata can't sell the Nano in Europe, you know.

Bharti already does charge a little higher than competitors for it's service (dare I say, it *is* the premium service provider in that respect), in my view customers are right to expect a more from Bharti than they would from El-cheapo Internet pvt ltd - but with their FUPs being some of the most restrictive of all, and with reports of 121 going down the drain in the last year or so, considering the premium price of the service, their value proposition (higher speeds and decent customer service) is no longer looking as good as it once did.

Now is the time where they really need to differentiate their product and customer service from the competition, otherwise the bad press will (eventually) kill them.

well that has largely been the problem. no other player has cared to take airtel on the service front. and well. tata nano would go on sale in europe... if not this year, probably next. not the model that is sold in india of course. :D

well that has largely been the problem. no other player has cared to take airtel on the service front.

and well. tata nano would go on sale in europe... if not this year, probably next. not the model that is sold in india of course. :D

Exactly - they've had to make numerous improvements to it for it to even be saleable. As it is, it's nowhere near an acceptable standard.

As such, even the "best" service provider needs to make numerous improvements to it's service to bring itself up to any kind of internationally acceptable standard (and Bharti being an MNC of the magnitude that it is SHOULD be providing services of internationally acceptable quality)... service like this simply wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

on the topic ... i havent receieved any mail from them .. .. ,anyway sent them again the mail... lets see..

@MC , u are right , they really did provide excellent service say 2-3 years back..and after many competetitors arrived ... their main focus was to get in as much users as they could .. this eventually lead to poor service .. as u said all the complains on mobile and also BB front were handle by ineffecient CC .. so as far as i know Airtel no more is providing the "Premium SErvice" and charging extra for a non existence service is pure cr@p..

@Admin , if the Airtel_Presence is handled by a person who doesnt know much technicality issue , and why he is even here , that too on a tech realted forum ? simply to post "Pre-defined" replies ? also if the problem , technical wise could be solved , say something like changing DNS or changing SMS centre no to solve certain small issues... which doesnt need to expose the real identity or further details why is there a dedicated section ?

our forum is here is because members who are seeking help can get help from fellow members who are techincally sound.. i think u are moving such help seekers to airtell_presence who have worst techincal knowledge and they are not anywhere compared to the vast knowledged members here ...

I would say , you should reason with airtel_presence to really considering whether they can give online support ... instead of mere "hey customers .. since i am a human bot , and know nothing .. please contact , [email protected] to get ur problems rectified" , for this message , u can simply have a banner on top which say the same repeated "MESSAGE" .. i really dont see the purpose..

you should reconsider whether to have that totally useless , almost rechincally irrelevant airtel_presence section ...

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

on a side question @ MC how will your CC will be ?

@Admin , if the Airtel_Presence..... why is there a dedicated section ?

our forum is here is because members who are seeking help can get help from fellow members who are techincally sound.. i think u are moving such help seekers to airtell_presence who have worst techincal knowledge and they are not anywhere compared to the vast knowledged members here ...

I would say , you should reason with airtel_presence to really considering whether they can give online support ... instead of mere "hey customers .. since i am a human bot , and know nothing .. please contact , [email protected] to get ur problems rectified" , for this message , u can simply have a banner on top which say the same repeated "MESSAGE" .. i really dont see the purpose..

you should reconsider whether to have that totally useless , almost rechincally irrelevant airtel_presence section ...

X1
If he airtel is not funding/supporting this forum, Kick him out .. ban him :@
we'll create a thread, mention the email/twitter blah blah. lock the thread + sticky.

well look at the bright side. you get one more section to rant about airtel!

Back