• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,303
Scooter comes 3 benefits over bike
1 more comfortable
2 can be driven by ladies as well.
3. Space for luggage.

I will suggest you to not go for activa as it as worst material. I don't know why every one is behind this scooter with such poor quality. Shock absorbers are also of ancient type with cycle like ride. I don't know if they have changed them in newer model.
From Honda you can go for aviator. I have heard that Suzuki scooters have poor mileage.
Or you can go with hero maestro.
In bikes i am a good fan of splendor.

was not able to reach any showroom, started from home, but plan changed due to family members along.

Yaar koi yeh "Radio Mirchi" ko bolo, stop teasing me with Honda Shine Advertisement, Down-payment 5K, EMI Rs.999/-
No dealer or Bank seems to be realistically giving that offer.

I've left the plan for scooter, If i'll buy a 2-wheeler, it would be a motorcycle only.
Storage issue is not an issue, Laptop will be on back-pack, and I don't want to regret myself in traffic on a Activa etc.

Honda Shine is 99% confirmed, only thing is no one is offering the Loan as per their promo.
will check my options over this week.

Yamaha is going to be expensive I guess.

Yamaha apart from expensive, service center is pathetic.
I like yamaha, happy with honda unicorn.

Contact head office (manesar) for Radio Mirchi Offer details.

fz is the best bike i have driven but the ownership experience was so bad i would not recommend it to anyone.

they also have the best option for scooter for tall guys. dropped the idea to buy a scooter because alternatives are not very spacious.

Don't forget to check service center where you will be going after purchasing vehicle.
Otherwise the vehicle will become garbage.

how do you get a real feel of the customer experience at a service center before buying the product? :D

You can ask people.
I have seen 3 honda service center
andrews ganj, okhla , noida sector 10
By talking to staff I get some idea.
I realised Andres ganj is terrible without having experienced even once.
Okhla I went twice and was ok
Noida center I am going since I purchase from them.
had bad experiences but chasing them solved the problem.

Best place to know about service center is bcmtouring.com or any other Indian automobile forum.
post for reviews about service center

i don't worry about service center,
I have one more skill, I can service bikes/cars on own for normal servicing, LOL
if service center is pathetic, I won't need them except for warranty claims and i can get the booklet stamped from them and not allow
them to mess with my bike etc.
Have done that in past.

explored TVS bikes today.
Apache is very very tempting, but an overkill for me at this age.

Rode Star City + nice 110cc bike, liked its fuel efficiency and pickup.

yet to decide......

Back