My experience with Samsung Mobile Customer Care.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 10,472

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 mobile. This is my first Samsung mobile, I was a Nokia fanboy, but the sluggish Symbian OS made me think again when I was planning for a new mobile. As you all know, Android powered devices have a very bad battery life. So I was thinking about buying a spare battery for my phone. I was browsing through the Samsung website to find out whether there is a battery charger for charging spare batteries ( My Dad had a Samsung SGH-X820 which had a spare battery as well as spare battery charger made by Samsung). I know there are chinese chargers available which can charge any mobile battery (popularly known as 'Kekda Charger' in Mumbai), but I don't trust these products as it may damage the battery easily.There were many models of battery chargers available on their Indian website, viz. BCH180, ABCC700, ABCC720, BCH535 and BCH292, but the space under 'Supported phones' were blank. Therefore I used their 'Contact us' link to put a query. After two days I got a reply from Samsung telling me to visit the nearest Authorized Service Centre to clear this query. I can't understand why do I need to visit Service Center for such a simple query. So I called up Samsung Customer Care on their toll free number. I explained them everything and they transferred the line to the so called 'Technical Department'. They guy who answered my call was amazed to hear about this. I think he was hearing about this for the first time. He also told me to visit Service Centre for this query. Finally I asked them the telephone number of the Service Centre, and called them up. As expected, they said they have never heard about any battery chargers available by Samsung. They don't even have the battery of this phone available with them. My query still remains....So my experience with Samsung Customer Care was not so good. Their website too is not updated. The people handling the customer care doesn't have enough information for this simple query. Hope that they will enhance the quality of services rendered by them, and also update their website.

ah well. what you are saying is sort of predictable. android phones are fairly new. and most people do not bother to buy a second battery with a charger. it used to be popular earlier on. i remember my friend carrying two batteries with a charger for his LG reliance mobile phone :D

i would suggest sourcing them from online stores. you might be able to locate them online.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

want to hear my story?

i have (actually just sold it) a google nexus one. i cannot find any online source with the official battery.

i have been told to look for htc desire batteries because both of the phones are pretty similar.

i plan to buy a second battery for the google nexus s early on so that i would have one. the phone would get old and probably discontinued in like 6 months.

I tried a lot to find one online. Couldn't find it anywhere. Visiting Samsung website was the last resort and I was certain that I will atleast find the model number compatible with my phone, so that I will try finding it in the market. But the problem was, even Samsung couldn't help me out.I strongly think some third party companies like Griffin etc should start making such chargers which I'm sure will grab a lot of consumers like me and you too. Android phones desperately need such chargers for spare batteries as its a battery hog. The battery of my old N73 lasted more than 3 days.

yeap. essentially you just need to find out the model number of your battery. and then look at US based store. and get it couriered to your place.

it might not turn out to be that expensive. i believe UPS would deliver to india a small package for around 10 bucks. it would be slow shipping but it works.

finding a second battery is easy. but i guess finding a dedicated charger for it should also be possible.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

i would begin by posting on some forum dedicated to android.

tell me the exact model of your phone's battery!

The model number printed on battery is EB504465VU. I need the battery as well as the battery charger, preferably made by some reputed brand. Samsung would be great. Appreciate your help....

Samsung S8500 Wave USB Cradle Desk Sync Charger + 2nd: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

the product description states that it has a second battery charging slot. not clear from the picture though.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

here is another product. Black Universal Battery Charger with USB Output & UK Plug for Samsung i8910 Battery EB504465VU_Battery Charger_Cell Phones_yooyel

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Amazon.com: IOGear GearPower Portable Battery for Mobile Devices GMP1001B (Black): Electronics

this is a good but crappy alternative.

The first one says it has provision for a 2nd battery charging, but its not clear whether it has a second charging slot or a battery slot.The second one is the one that i wanted, but the website is prompting me to select the mode of transport when I select the country as India. After selecting India, it prompts to choose the Shipping Company, but nothing's present below it. Also it doesn't show the shippng cost too.The third one is too crappy and cumbersome to carry.Thanks for your help. I'm also searching different websites for something like your second link.

righto. there are very few online stores that would deliver to india. and even few that are reliable enough. check on ebay.com. you would find a lot of sellers based in hong kong and china. they would deliver worldwide.

Back