My MTNL Connection Disconnects!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter akkis07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,551
dude kindly pst ur routers log or just reset the modem/router. if the prob continues then its mtnls side issue. jes sort out yur side first.

@beyondinvisible also plz set your mtu at 1430 in router and in the OS if ure using 256kbps connection. 1492 is for faster connections incase ure using 1492.

What's the difference between using 1430 and 1492?

@beyondinvisible 1430 and 1492 are the size of data packets which come in pulses to your computer from the exchange. a smaller size works better for slower connections generally. and specially if u r unable to open all sites then shift to a lower packet size.in mtnl/bsnl two data packet sizes work well. for slow 1430 and for higher speed 1492.make sure u set the mtu size in the OS and router both.

my connection disconnects whenever i pick up the phone.my pack is 256 ul and modem T-KD 318-EUIpls tell e what to do

my connection disconnects whenever i pick up the phone.
my pack is 256 Unlimited and modem T-KD 318-EUI
pls tell e what to do

Looks like you have a parallel connection the tel wire coming to your house should first come to your splitter, then from the splitter to your tel instruments.

my connection disconnects whenever i pick up the phone.
my pack is 256 Unlimited and modem T-KD 318-EUI
pls tell e what to do

In addition to what socrates said, check your SNR Margin & Line Attenuation values from your router's setting page http://192.168.1.1/ & post them here.

Back