My New Airtel HD Recorder (Review with Pics)

• Thread starter Thread starter A.Pradeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,049

A.Pradeep

Madurai kaaran
ISP
Airtel 512 kbps Unlimited Broadband
Hi Guys I was using SD DVR and it gave me many problems like slow loading menus and starting time is slow and still more problems.So i was waiting for Airtel to launch their HD DVR,and finally they launched it.After that i was waiting for the product to come to my city for purchase and as i know the dealer very well,i call him daily and ask when the HD DVR will come?And he brought the HD DVR to madurai.He is also telling me that i am the first to buy HD DVR in Madurai.I am not sure about it.I bought the HD DVR on Wednesday July 13 2011.It came with HD Cable,i really don't know that HD Cable is free with that.I was happy.I waited for activation and they took one day to activate my new VC Card and new HD DVR.From yesterday 4.00pm i started getting all the channels in very good quality.HD Channels are with huge quality.I was watching Hd channels on SD DVR for some days and when i see the HD channels in real HD Quality,it was amazing.I really like the HD DVR.The thing i feel bad about the HD DVR is,it becomes heat very soon.But not so much heat,they should have been fitted a fan for reducing heat.Nothing other than that,Everthing is fine.And the bottomline is HD DVR is very nice and amazing with good channels and good quality.

Aww man! That Logo, on the lower right side :(

I don't know why these companies put logos on channels.Now, not only DTH companies but also cable through Set Top Box CAS are started putting their logos on channels.DEN (Digitelly Entertainment) is one of them.

Hi Guys

I was using SD DVR and it gave me many problems like slow loading menus and starting time is slow and still more problems.So i was waiting for Airtel to launch their HD DVR,and finally they launched it.After that i was waiting for the product to come to my city for purchase and as i know the dealer very well,i call him daily and ask when the HD DVR will come?And he brought the HD DVR to madurai.He is also telling me that i am the first to buy HD DVR in Madurai.I am not sure about it.

I bought the HD DVR on Wednesday July 13 2011.It came with HD Cable,i really don't know that HD Cable is free with that.I was happy.I waited for activation and they took one day to activate my new VC Card and new HD DVR.From yesterday 4.00pm i started getting all the channels in very good quality.HD Channels are with huge quality.I was watching Hd channels on SD DVR for some days and when i see the HD channels in real HD Quality,it was amazing.I really like the HD DVR.

The thing i feel bad about the HD DVR is,it becomes heat very soon.But not so much heat,they should have been fitted a fan for reducing heat.Nothing other than that,Everthing is fine.

And the bottomline is HD DVR is very nice and amazing with good channels and good quality.

Nice posting!
Can you solve my few queries about adtv dvr?
1) Does adtv hdr offer (in tp edit menu) lnb = ku band / c band / Universal Type? I saw in most fta receivers.
2) I have heard if you record a programme in dvr & in the future you dont subscribe that channel which u already record a programe from that channel, it not allow you to watch recording whenever you subsribe again to the channel?
3) I notice there is option in menu "fta channels" what is that. Is that multi satellite feature & how many tp / satellite we can add if we allow to do it?

4) are there options for recorded programe to copy, paste, delete & add clips as we want like d2h dvr? It available in d2h dvr but space is just of 200 hours & adtv offers 550 hours.

Thanks,

Hope u will reply me fast.

----------

just two added queries

1) I dont think they will allow us to delete, add channels in dvr, do they?
2) Can we change picture ration 16:9 to 4:3 using any setting?

Thanks.

1) No. U cant2) Yes even I have heard so. But never tried.3) Yes, but its on no use except for checking, undisclosed, test channels by airtel.4) NopeNext set1) Add/delete channel?? You need to subscribe first. You cant delete a channel.2) Yes, that setting is there.

1) No. U cant
2) Yes even I have heard so. But never tried.
3) Yes, but its on no use except for checking, undisclosed, test channels by airtel.
4) Nope

Next set
1) Add/delete channel?? You need to subscribe first. You cant delete a channel.
2) Yes, that setting is there.

Thanks for your fast reply. :good:

Back