• Thread starter Thread starter rageaddict
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,066

rageaddict

Regulars
ISP
Bsnl, Airtel, Hutch etc etc
a weird case with a broad of a friend of mine...model : mercury pi845glm-pyesterday i formatted the whole thing and installed a fresh copy of windows xp on it and installed whatever drivers i had.for some reason even after installing the audio driver (alc650) the audio device was just not showing up. so, i went over to device manager to see if the system had found any audio devices and to my astonishment... there was no device there. it's onboard and it should show the driverless device with a yellow attention sign but there was none... anyone knows whats wrong???also, anyone here has any drivers for this board???

try disabling it in the bios and then boot to xp, reboot, then enable it and boot to xp.

extract a new copy of Sndvol32.exe from the Windows XP compact disc to the system_root\System32 folder on your computer's hard disk. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the CD-ROM to prevent it from starting automatically. 2. Click Start, and then click Run. 3. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK. 4. Type the following lines at the command prompt, pressing ENTER after each line, where CD-ROM drive is the drive letter of the computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD-ROM, and system_root is the path and folder name where the Windows system files are located (generally C:\Windows): CD-ROM drive: cd i386 expand sndvol32.ex_ system_root\system32\sndvol32.exe Note that there is a space between "ex_" and "system_root" in this command. For example, if your computer's CD-ROM drive is drive E, and the folder that contains the Windows system files is C:\Windows, type the following lines at the command prompt (pressing ENTER after each line): e: cd i386 expand sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\sndvol32.exe 5. Type exit to quit the command prompt. 6. Verify that you can start Volume Control and that the Volume icon is displayed in the notification area (if you selected this option). hope this helps ........

Back