Narendra Modi (NaMo) App

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2,975
N3Prhe4.png

lol this is a malware Google should remove it from playstore and warn user using it .This app behaviour must have triggered google playstore malware check but when PM of a country is behind such a app you cannot do much :(

I would not be surprised if they secretly watch you through your camera.

Last edited:
lol no clue. the cookie thing was annoying enough and i never really bothered about that. xenforo developers added a little message for not-logged-in people to comply with that iirc. i guess they would do something about gdpr? i assume this is more of a problem for apps available through app stores than websites? it's not like i have much or any european traffic in the first place so if it does become a problem i can probably just block all visitors from europe? no clue tbh. haven't looked into it.

I got an email from google because I use GA, Webmaster service about GDPR so googled it seems like an impossible compliance.
May 25 2018 is the last date, no its not just a problem for apps basically even to keep a ip in your server logs is collecting personal data and if any user want their information deleted you have to do so under right to forgotten. Because of global nature of websites if someone visit your site from EU and your site is not GDPR compliant then you are violating GDPR.

The cookie thing and now this GDPR thing is just too much for any small business or just a simple blog owner.

How anyone can store backups without violating this policy Ex: I have small wordpress site with comments I can delete it from live blog but not from backups.
Removing a comment from a thread of comments could break the whole conversation.
Blocked users can request to delete their info and register again.
how to get consent from spammers,hackers to store their info in your security logs.

The whole law is too vague. I don't know what exactly they achieved with that stupid cookie notice thing, sites cannot function properly without cookies.

Just to be safe I am moving my sites from any EU country hosting.

yup. i am guessing we would be hearing a lot in the coming weeks. i am guessing xenforo developers would have to release updates to stay in compliance. so does web hosting companies etc.

in the end only a bunch of big sites with their army of lawyers will be able to understand the law and "follow it"

how anyone will be able to comply if they cannot understand what they need to do

Trolls will abuse these stupid laws a lot.

Back