Need advice of a super Modem+Router+HD Wifi for BSNL ?

AurobindoSaha

I use BSNL wiired connection (with their TeraCom) wired modem. Need some freedom now.
I am going to buy a Wifi Modem+Router. Please suggest one within 2500 rupees.
Also I have heard there routers today has capability of turning external hard disk into wifi. Is it a reality? If yes can you suggest a modem + router that has capability to transmit my external HD into Wifi along with BSNL internet connection?
Need fast response please. Thanks anyway
Thanks
Aurobindo

It is better to buy a separate ADSL modem and a wifi Router with file sharing capabilities. Since you already have a wired modem for BSNL connection, you have to buy one capable wifi router. Set up the modem in PPPOE mode (bridge mode won't work). High end routers (having file/printer sharing capabilities) are quite costly though. Good brands like lynksys or Netgear would set you back by at least 12k (which is outside your budget, I guess.). I use TP-Link 4300 model, which is cheapest for its features, costs about 6.5K. All high end routers, however, tend to overheat on prolonged use, especially if you do not live in a colder climate. So, some form of cooling system is advisable. I use a laptop cooler to keep my router from overheating.

Back