Need an inexpensive and reliable Webcam, Please Suggest!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter duderude90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,598

duderude90

ISP
MTNL
Hi, can anyone suggest me an inexpensive and reliable Webcam. I don't need any top branded item or something like that. Even Quantum and other manufactures would do.I don't know whether any 16MP webcams offered for Rs.300 - Rs.400 are any good or not, because these are interpolated. I think actual quality would be way too worse. Correct me here if I am wrong.It would be nice if anyone could suggest an option below Rs.500, I don't need 16MP or such. Even 1.3MP or 2MP would be fine (if there are any, in this range).Please suggest..Thanks in advance..Hoping for a quick reply.

Hi, can anyone suggest me an inexpensive and reliable Webcam. I don't need any top branded item or something like that. Even Quantum and other manufactures would do.
I don't know whether any 16MP webcams offered for Rs.300 - Rs.400 are any good or not, because these are interpolated. I think actual quality would be way too worse. Correct me here if I am wrong.
It would be nice if anyone could suggest an option below Rs.500, I don't need 16MP or such. Even 1.3MP or 2MP would be fine (if there are any, in this range).
Please suggest..
Thanks in advance..
Hoping for a quick reply.

I can almost guarantee that the "16MP" webcams at Rs400 or so are utter rubbish, and any picture taken at "16MP" will be shoddy.

That said, if I was looking for a webcam, the Logitech ones are generally pretty decent and work on nearly anything. I think the quickchat series is the low end one and would probably suit you fine.

I can almost guarantee that the "16MP" webcams at Rs400 or so are utter rubbish, and any picture taken at "16MP" will be shoddy.

That said, if I was looking for a webcam, the Logitech ones are generally pretty decent and work on nearly anything. I think the quickchat series is the low end one and would probably suit you fine.

Thanks for your feedback, will checkout logitech ones on net

16MP for Webcam? why would one need such hi-res for a webcam which would hardly be 3 feet from you?
I don't need that much resolution.
That's why I was asking, and also the images from these webcams are interpolated and effective pixels are actually very less (hope I am using the correct terms) and below Rs.500 which I was looking for had only these options as far as I know. I just wanted to know are they any good when it comes to video chat over skype or yahoo.

I found these while searching:

1) Logitech Webcam C-100
2) Logitech Webcam C120
3) Creative Live! Cam Sync

All these are around Rs.700-Rs.800
Should I select any one of them, or anything better as per you within or below this range?

I found these while searching:

1) Logitech Webcam C-100
2) Logitech Webcam C120
3) Creative Live! Cam Sync

All these are around Rs.700-Rs.800
Should I select any one of them, or anything better as per you within or below this range?
where you got those rates ? you can get Logitech Webcam C-170 for 700/- , C-100 should be definitely leess then 500/-
Check price with kirbhat or SMC .

where you got those rates ? you can get Logitech Webcam C-170 for 700/- , C-100 should be definitely leess then 500/-
Check price with kirbhat or SMC .

Thanks for telling me that. I had got these prices from Logitech website and some online stores.

By the way, I couldn't see this model "Logitech Webcam C-170" listed on Logitech's website.

As you are saying C-100 costs less than Rs.500, should I buy it? I just want to use it for video chat with my family members maybe once in day or two.

p.s. sorry for lack of knowledge but what is "kirbhat or SMC" ?

Most of the local/chinese companies like Intex/Quantum etc. which advertise 16/20MP webcams are actually selling VGA ones which are interpolated to xx resolution. Utter crap.

Most of the local/chinese companies like Intex/Quantum etc. which advertise 16/20MP webcams are actually selling VGA ones which are interpolated to xx resolution. Utter crap.

Actually what I wanted to know was that whether the VGA video from these so called 16MP webcams is comparable to the VGA video of the 1.3MP logitech's webcams or not. And from the replies I have got, its not.

my personal experience dealing with webcams. get a good quality one from logitech. cheaper ones are as bad as not having one. webcams would last for years. it is worth it to invest in a good one for your desktop. faster internet speeds would make video calling even more popular. i mean i am planning to get one for myself to check out google hangout!

Just installed the hangout plugin, gonna come live later sometime.Would perform a live guitar performance for you guys , provided that Sushubh will sing :)

Back