need help regarding beam service pls

hi currently im using airtel 2mbps UL plan n im getting sick of its speed n fup n getting very bad ping too..thinking of moviing to beam 15mbps..is anyone in dis community using 15mbps(wireless) n need help how da service is.1. do v get full 15mbps or any problems in speed issues ?2.mostly i use it for online gaming on ps3 is ping value low ? n is beam good for online gaming ?3. how reliable is da customer services ?4.when da technician comes wat are the important things i need to follow ?thank you

Dont know how the wireless option is.......... IMHO if pings and gaming is important get the wired connection......... using the 15mbps 1500 package pretty good and satisfied. I am getting the lowest pings with beam I have the Reliance Airtel and beam and I would rate according to pings Beam the first, Reliance second and Airtel the last I do get some lag in gaming at times when I use airtel, I have done a video review of the Beam connection posted in the form a couple of times check that for more info.

i have checked da video n does da speed drop or is it continuous ? im actually doubtful providing 15mbps at dat cost..how is beam customer services ? and thinking of going with wireless so tht i can use it for my mac n for my ps3 i will go with wierd connected frm router...if i do tht will there be any change in speed ?

I am very doubtful that you would get consistent speeds with wireless and also the latency will increase with wireless and that is bad for gaming....... the speed are pretty consistent for me for servers that support good download speeds like Apple, micosoft, dedicated download servers I get pretty good speeds, I do watch lot of youtube videos and also make them and I have no buffering problems with youtube vids even at 720p but I mostly watch at 480p as I do not want to hit the FUP limits.If you have been following me I keep on testing a lot of ISP and at any give point I have multiple ISP connections with me currently I am having Reliance, Airtel and Beam all wired connections and I gave me views about the same in the earlier post.... regarding reliability it would depend upon your area if you are living in some old parts of the city where cable cutting is still pretty common you might get downtimes issues due to cable cuttings, but in my area I do not have any problems like that so the connection is pretty stable, about 4 months ago I had a downtime called up beam call center and complained about the same there tech came and fixed it in about 4-5 hours, he said some cable was snapped, on the other hand I also have a Airtel connection for about 1.5 years and I did not face any downtime with them during that time, so it is not 100% uptime with beam but around 99% which is okay for the speeds that they are offering.

It is definately possible to provide such speeds of 15mbps as there is a fup of 40GB and speeds gets back to 4mbps.. Yes they are providing promised speeds, you should understand that any isp doesn't have control after the packets gets out of their node. So people who are dreaming about exact 10/15mbps to all websites or on all http downloads aint possible. I'm getting around 1.1mB/Sec on Http downloads. I download a lot of music videos and mp3s via http using Idm. In torrents i get well over 1mB/Sec download speed. I can say the connection is solid. I have crossed my fup limit of 30gb in the first 15days and i'm connection is still good wid 2mbps after fup. Do note i'm on 10mbps plan Rs 1000. I would say check out wid other beam customers in your area/street before taking the beam connection.

I got a Beam connection installed at my place on 23rd may... The CPE box was installed a week earlier and was waiting for splicing machine to show-up to get the fibre splicing. I am in 10mbps (Rs. 1000/-) plan... I was not at home when the installation was done... so couldnot check the speed then... Later I kept testing the speed on beam portal's speedtest and speedtest.net website for one week now... and Never had the speed reach 10mpbs on any of the them... One enquiring with the customer care they promptly replied with a ticket number. And the next day the local technician called-up to inform that the speed upgradation in still in progress in my locality and they need some more time to upgrade my connection to 10mpbs and till then I'll be getting a 4-6mpbs... And just after I hung-up the phone i got a message closing my ticket.. (That prompt) .. I made two calls about this and both ended the same way... So check the speed after the installation is done before the technician itself.... After 4 days i used-up the FUP so now i have to wait till next month to test the 10mpbs speed... The customer care has been pretty ok.. (atleast in the promptness of their replies.. if not actually solving my issue)!! As for the Beam itself, I had a major virus issue this week.. First since two years.. My system got infected with Trojans.. And all I did was download few (actually a lot) movies thru storage server links.. which I have always been doing for many years... I do have bad memories with beam from way back in 2006 when I was on beam.. Beam technicians asked to switch my PC off as it was bombarding their server, so much so that they had shut it down (they couldn't explain much.. ) So much for Firewalls and Security!!! I think they still dont have a proper mechanism to keep the viruses off... I was on airtel last few years and never had any Virus issues.. So you want to get a good Anti-virus if you are moving to Beam... As for speed, Even without the 10mpbs speed... (4-6mbps) I was getting a consistent 500-600 kbps on Direct downloads and a little high on torernts... And now after FUP (2mpbs) I am getting 200-350 kbps downloads.. and surprisingly get more 400kbps for uploads... in torrents

As i already mentioned in other thread, the upload speed wont decrease after fup limit. I am not in hyderabad right now so the last time i uploaded the file at 650kb/sec on fb a week back after fup limit.

Back