Need help with configuration of huawei HG8145V5

• Thread starter Thread starter Taz ryzen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 17,719
ISP
Airtel and Act
Hey guys. I need your advice and help.
I currently use a Nokia ont with my airtel fiber and have activated the bridge connection on Lan port 4. I got myself a Huawei HG8145V5 router from india mart and am trying to replace that with the existing Nokia ont.

I copied Nokia serial number and pasted in huawei router and created wan profile. In the huawei router the wan status shows that its connected and has an ip address assigned but am unable to use internet. Can anyone tell what is that am missing.

You also have to spoof MAC Address for Airtel not sure about ACT though.

No Mac address spoofing is required on Airtel. You just need to copy serial number from Airtel ont to Huawei. You'll need to convert initial letters of serial number to hexadecimal as given in this thread

After doing this check the device information page in huawei ont. If the ont registration status is O5, that means this serial number thing has worked and if internet is not working then something else is wrong.

Last edited:
Yes. I actually when inside the diagnostic and checked the ont registration and it does say it's successful. But still the internet does not seem to work. And as soon I switch to Nokia router internet starts to work. So am still figuring out the issue of internet not working. What surprises me that the device gets a ip which means that airtel is able to register it 8n their database. .

Back